Debadge help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debadge help

Taking the SRI badges off under the indicators yesterday, I'm just struggling with the glue. One side took a bit of persuading but the other side isn't budging at all. Any help would be appreciated

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191231_131527.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	249448Click image for larger version

Name:	20191231_131531.jpg
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	249449Click image for larger version

Name:	20191231_131523.jpg
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	249450

Wd40, desolvent, white vinegar and water, polish
    Any of above, even warm with hair drier and scrape with credit card

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hi Matt,

I've tried lubricating it with a multi purpose cleaner and using a bank card to try and lift it off, and also a hairdryer but no joy.

I did try WD40 yesterday but no joy, by desolvent so you mean turps? I just don't fancy using anything too abrasive on the paint. Will give white vinegar a go!

Comment

Originally posted by SwirlesY View Post
        Hi Matt,

I've tried lubricating it with a multi purpose cleaner and using a bank card to try and lift it off, and also a hairdryer but no joy.

I did try WD40 yesterday but no joy, by desolvent so you mean turps? I just don't fancy using anything too abrasive on the paint. Will give white vinegar a go!
        Maybe it was reglued using normal glue. You can buy stuff to remove.

If it's something else you may need to go slowly with polish or compound,, and maybe a machine polisher.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Maybe it was reglued using normal glue. You can buy stuff to remove.

If it's something else you may need to go slowly with polish or compound,, and maybe a machine polisher.
          I have Surfex HD degrease, Legia spray lube, carplan demon foam shampoo and turtle wax hard shell shine car wax.

Comment

yep...……...looks like someone has used hard glue to re stick them.

I would say lots of low heat, but even that may not work.

Comment

Shine a light!

Comment

Shine a light!
                explain?????

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  explain?????
                  Sorry, shine a light = shite!

I've just looked t the SRI badges I took off and the black glue part is hard so as you've both said, it looks like someone's used super glue FFS.

Comment

Sorry, shine a light = shite!

I've just looked t the SRI badges I took off and the black glue part is hard so as you've both said, it looks like someone's used super glue FFS.

ahhhhh you should have just said SHITE

its so angersome who some idiot puts badges on and they've used a hard glue....only option is put them back on.

either that its a respray for both wings and if your like me, I couldn't justify the cash doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

ahhhhh you should have just said SHITE

its so angersome who some idiot puts badges on and they've used a hard glue....only option is put them back on.

either that its a respray for both wings and if your like me, I couldn't justify the cash doing that.
                      I would put the badges back on but I don't have any super glue!

The father in law is going to give the full body a once over but that won't be u til March when he's doing my cambelt and service.

I've ordered some glue be gone off amazon but that won't be here til Friday. I'm stuck with the soddin eye sore for now by the lpous of it!!

Comment

Zippo lighter fuel, works wonders

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                          Zippo lighter fuel, works wonders
                          Just gave that a bash, no joy mate.

Father in law said he's got a rubber roller that will see to it. Fingers crossed!! Just need to make some time to go and see him now!

Comment

Lynx deodorant might work, sounds stupid but it works for cleaning a lot of stuff. Just makes it smell like a teenage boy after
                            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Teenage boys smell like cheeseie feet laced with half a can of Lynx .
                              Try a small explosive charge , but there again it may end up like something out of the Italian job .

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X