Wheel Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Cleaning

Anyone got any tips on how to give the wheels a good clean?

Mine always seem to be streaky and look horrible! [emoji53]

Just tried some autoglym wheel cleaner, seemed to do a fair job. I then applied some autoglym wheel protector, which just puts a load of chalky residue on the wheels - avoid like the plague....unless I used it wrong.

I use Viper by ez car care pretty simple spray on tyre with a brush scrub it then wash off to clean a rim i tend to use a decontamination again by ez car care called reigning iron spray on leave for a couple of minutes let it go blood red then wash off then add abit of wax wipe on wipe off on the rim and itl keep them protected for a fortnight

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
      I use Viper by ez car care pretty simple spray on tyre with a brush scrub it then wash off to clean a rim i tend to use a decontamination again by ez car care called reigning iron spray on leave for a couple of minutes let it go blood red then wash off then add abit of wax wipe on wipe off on the rim and itl keep them protected for a fortnight
      I’ll have a look at buying some thanks.

Comment

I’ve always used bilberry wheel cleaner diluted. Works great and for tyre dressing I don’t recommend any spray on stuff. I’ve always found gel works best especially meguiars stuff

1 X BILBERRY WHEEL CLEANER 1 LITRE. 1 X SPRAYER. Use via a trigger sprayer dilutions of up to 1:10 can be used for lightly soiled wheels. Use neat of up to 1:3 heavily soiled wheels. Non-acidic Wheel Cleaner.

As it lasts longer, it even saves you money! Makes Tyres Look Good For Longer. Our impressive 140,000 sq.ft. I'VE ADDED A NOTE TO MY ORDER, CAN YOU VIEW IT?. Not always. as you may require it in the event of a claim with your carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
          I’ve always used bilberry wheel cleaner diluted. Works great and for tyre dressing I don’t recommend any spray on stuff. I’ve always found gel works best especially meguiars stuff

1 X BILBERRY WHEEL CLEANER 1 LITRE. 1 X SPRAYER. Use via a trigger sprayer dilutions of up to 1:10 can be used for lightly soiled wheels. Use neat of up to 1:3 heavily soiled wheels. Non-acidic Wheel Cleaner.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F141167820109
          Thanks, I’ll check them out. Yes. I use meguiars endurance tyre gel to give the tyres a good shine, expensive stuff but does last a fair while...smells fantastic too!

Comment

just wash my wheels as I do the car, with shampoo and a sponge - rinse and then dry off with a microfibre towel,.. I wax them once every 3 or 4 months and apply wheel sealer.
            Attached Files

Comment

i use ecover all purpose cleaner from tesco (£2.50) first, diluted 1:4 in a spray bottle, clean with a large round paintbrush and long reach wheel brush, rinse, then a wheel cleaner, this way i find i use less of the expensive stuff so it lasts longer.

wonder wheels colour active wheel cleaner is pretty good as well, £5 from wilko's, but frothes up a lot, autoglym wheel cleaner i use as well.

the ecover APC I use on the inside to get the dirt off as well, its good stuff.

Every 4 months i'll use Magma from autoglym after the APC and wheel cleaner washes first, with a clay and a couple of coats of wax on the face (if you use magma or any other fallout remover do one wheel at a time), magma can be used to clean the wheels (but its not designed as a wheel cleaner) but its best to take the wheel of the car for this and do behind the face as well. Magma is really good at removing built up deposits of brakedust but youll do 2-3 wheels per bottle

once my stash of magma runs out i'll be giving this a try

non bleeding but £12 for 5L.....

Comment

just been on ez-car care site...........

£75 for a build a bucket kit..........

damn ............the choices i have to choose from

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                  just wash my wheels as I do the car, with shampoo and a sponge - rinse and then dry off with a microfibre towel,.. I wax them once every 3 or 4 months and apply wheel sealer.
                  Dont believe everything they say about wheel rim protection there was a youtube vid sometime ago and did tests with all the named brands. I used to swear by Poorboys nasty wax for rims they said upto 3 months on the product in actual fact it lasts the same as long as normal wax on rims about 2 weeks.

Gel is the best way forward for long lasting on tyres but if your at a meet or a show ive found megs hot shine tyres gives it a great wet look but it will sling once your moving again. Ez Car Care have brought out a tyre wet look thats on the cards to try next... Well when its warmer that is

Comment

Russ .. I must be doing something right as the 2016 Atomics on my wifes VXLine are like brand new at 95k miles. Whilst I dont believe manufacturers claims, the measures I'm taking are clearly working.

I dont use gel as it just clogs up in the tyre walls, Poorboys tyre milk works best for me. Easy to use, no fling onto bodywork and leaves a nice glossy shine

Comment

Chewy1971 what ever works for you am just saying what ive seen. Saves me some pennies as my garage is starting to fill up with car products

Comment

Russ

you best fit them then, cant wait to see the next batch of mods

Comment

i use bilt hamber auto wash on the body and wheels, use a brush to clean the tyre walls
                          if the wheels are still dirty i spray with bilt hamber auto wheels and use a brush to work it in and they rinse off
                          they dry with a MF towel and use FK1000p wax on the wheels and meg endurance gel on the tyre walls

i agree wax doesn't last long but it makes cleaning easier and adds a layer of protection against corrosion etc
                          its easier and cheaper to add wax than spend time and money on aggressive cleaner products
                          also if you do wax your car use a shampoo that wont strip all the previous layers of wax off like bilt hamber auto wash

check detailing world for shampoo and wax reviews

Comment

I snow foam them, rinse, some Pure Deffintion wheel cleaner with wheel microfiber brush thingy, rinse, then get wipe over with wash water, rinse, dry and every 3 months or so some Pure Deffintion wheel wax / sealant.
                            Hate doing the wheels, takes longer than rest of the car. Tried different wheel cleaners and none seem to really work as in spray on, agitate and rinse.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Wheel washing? That’s new to me

Comment

Working...
                              X