Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceejaytee1979 View Post
    Hi
    Are you able to put a link to the ones you bought on Amazon. There are two different sets on there from Win Power. I want to make sure I get a set that fit the housing and dont throw up any messages on the dash and the ones you have mentioned fulfil both. Cheers
    I only noticed they had another type of LED for sale after i ordered, id say i got the right one as it said it was the upgraded version. here is the link to the ones i got, and work fine in my sri siggy.

Last edited by cranefly; 19-01-2019, 01:42 AM. Reason: add correct link

Comment

Although, if i had seen these one earlier, i may have took a chance on these ones, as they are advertised as being much more powerful than the winpower ones, and they are the right bulbs for my siggy. There are no reviews for these yet, so that might have put me off.

Last edited by cranefly; 19-01-2019, 01:49 AM. Reason: extra information

Comment

Do the covers fit ok with the fans on the back? I only ever tried LEDs with the mesh heatsinks in my facelift because it didn't look like there would be room. If they do fit it really opens up bulb options.

I run LEDs with fans on in my grand sport but there's loads of room in the headlight housing and the covers are on the top.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by cranefly65 View Post
          Although, if i had seen these one earlier, i may have took a chance on these ones, as they are advertised as being much more powerful than the winpower ones, and they are the right bulbs for my siggy. There are no reviews for these yet, so that might have put me off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KOOMTOOM-He...oom+9012&psc=1
          The thing I like with Amazon is you can get these and try them if there no good return them within a month I think it is for a full refund.

Comment

Yes the dust covers fit fine, just replaced my halogens which weren't too bad{not originals} and these leds are fine would certainly recommend, couldn't find many led bulbs with the heat sinks so just went for the one's with the fans, just make sure you get the can bus ones--Dave

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Do the covers fit ok with the fans on the back? I only ever tried LEDs with the mesh heatsinks in my facelift because it didn't look like there would be room. If they do fit it really opens up bulb options.

I run LEDs with fans on in my grand sport but there's loads of room in the headlight housing and the covers are on the top.
              Yes, as dave1419 said, the dust covers fit fine with these specific LEDs, so as long as whatever LEDs you get matches the dimensions of the winpower ones, you should be fine. Although i just noticed you have the newer model, so you will need to check you have as much room, or more than the facelift version.

Comment

No I'm fine. I have LEDs in mine. I was asking more out of interest for other members with facelifts rather than something I need to do personally.

When I had my facelift I steered away from the fan LEDs because of such little space between the back of the bulb and the cover. It's good to know some fit.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by cranefly65 View Post
                  Yes, as dave1419 said, the dust covers fit fine with these specific LEDs, so as long as whatever LEDs you get matches the dimensions of the winpower ones, you should be fine. Although i just noticed you have the newer model, so you will need to check you have as much room, or more than the facelift version.
                  Sorry just wanted to check whether you can hear the fans running on these. Amazon review said they can be noisy but that was on a Yaris. Can you hear anything when they are on?

Comment

Never heard any noise from mine-even when standing next to the car,i would imagine that if you can hear them then they could just be cheap rubbish------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ceejaytee1979 View Post
                      Sorry just wanted to check whether you can hear the fans running on these. Amazon review said they can be noisy but that was on a Yaris. Can you hear anything when they are on?
                      Same here, can not hear the fans at all

Comment

Just to clarify the Projector lenses show the correct beam pattern with LEds and HIDs however the law changed last year and all will fail the MOT unless you have Headlamp washers and self levelling system crazy I know mine passed with HIDs last year but the guy said it wont pass again due to the change so il have to put halogens in for MOT.

Comment

Hi
                          So purchased and have just installed the Win power LED bulbs, all good except that now when I unlock the car the headlights dont come on at the same time. I have made sure auto headlights is on and checked the lighting option (locate me) in the menu. Any ideas how I can get them to come on?

Comment

It's not dark enough to yet. Try when it gets darker.

Comment

D'oh put my hand over the sensor and tried it works fine. Got it in my head they always came on initially when unlocked.

Comment

We've all done it.

Comment

Working...
                                X