BlackVue 900s (4k dash cam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackVue 900s (4k dash cam)

Ok this is driving me nuts and was wondering if anyone could give me some input.
    Right this dash cam had all the bells and whistles even cloud live view and uploading footage.

Now I have a 2015 eco if that's any help.

Now in the fuse box I'm looking for a always on power for the magic box (this makes sure that current taken doesn't drain battery) so the cam needs to be fuse and power always on ... So which fuse is always on does anyone on? Or which ones I should try as I'm having no look as I find they all turn off after ignition is off.

The second one is activated power when ignition is on it powers from that.
    Haha I find almost all the fuses suit this piggy back so not an issue unless someone has a preference that's best to tap into.

So basically I'm mainly looking for a fuse always on.

Any help would be great
    Shay

Battery + terminal

And hi, welcome

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thank you

Lol I didn't want to go messing around with connecting all the way to the + if there was a constant to piggy back on in the glove box that would be the ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shay View Post
        Thank you

Lol I didn't want to go messing around with connecting all the way to the + if there was a constant to piggy back on in the glove box that would be the ideal.
        I have the Blackvue DR3500-FHD and thats powered from the Power Magic Pro.

I fed the positive from the battery with an inline fuse and the negative is on a chassis grounding point just under the fuse box. I then stuck the PMP on the removable panel in the glovebox so I have the ability to see that it is working/change any settings/turn it off.

Just punch a hole through the grommet behind the blower motor, takes all of 2 minutes

The rest of the wiring is hidden behind the glovebox under the void by the blower motor

Comment

Fuse panel in glove box, Fuse 7 is cigarette lighter. I have mine piggy backing into this one and only comes on when ignition is on.��

Comment

Originally posted by ceejaytee1979 View Post
            Fuse panel in glove box, Fuse 7 is cigarette lighter. I have mine piggy backing into this one and only comes on when ignition is on.��
            That may be the case but OP and I have a power magic pro which is a permanent power supply for the dashcam until the battery reaches a set voltage (12v)

Comment

Try fuse 9 (30a) facia fuse box. This is the perminant feed for control unit. You could use piggy back fuse on that.

Comment

Working...
              X