Anyone been remapped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been remapped?

I have the 2.0 cdti ecoflex nav 160, thinking of getting it remapped to 195bhp and should gain a little mpg too. Anyone done this already? Anyone wanna recommend not doing it? Is it too late for my car since it's already at 118,000 miles? Thanks in advance
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Hi,
    I've had mine done, 2014 160 Elite don't think the mileage matters really mine had only done 40,00 when I had it done, I had a Saab 93 mapped at 150,000 pulled like a train and no bad after affects.
    Depends how your going to drive it, I've had mine done just for better response in overtaking and generally just as and when you need that extra torque. I had it EGR deleted as well which stop's all that crud going down into the engine, just clean fresh air, gives you better throttle response too. 198 BHP & 443 NM were the figure's I got on the rolling road.
    Last edited by Seanio; 03-11-2019, 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

defo improves fuel eco after a remap
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanio View Post
        Hi,
        I've had mine done, 2014 160 Elite don't think the mileage matters really mine had only done 40,00 when I had it done, I had a Saab 93 mapped at 150,000 pulled like a train and no bad after affects.
        Depends how your going to drive it, I've had mine done just for better response in overtaking and generally just as and when you need that extra torque. I had it EGR deleted as well which stop's all that crud going down into the engine, just clean fresh air, gives you better throttle response too. 198 BHP & 443 NM were the figure's I got on the rolling road.
        Yeah I'm gonna have to do it, I don't plan on speeding everywhere, I just like to be able to get up to speed and overtake without much bother. I had a 2011 Saab 93 1.9 ttid 180bhp and I was used to the pull that had! Sadly it died, still not used to it haha. But I want that kinda feel again
        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I check which box was fitted to the car first.

Comment

I got mine remapped last month, it was 140hp/350Nm --> 185hp/420Nm and I'm loving it. And the mpg changed from 48mpg (5,9L/100km) --> 55mpg (5,1L/100km)

Comment

Well worth it,
              As RBH says gearbox, if you have the f40 gearbox, as you know coming from Saab it's a robust box so will,take the extra .
              When I had my TTID , as yours it was a standard 180 , but different set up with the 2 turbos so lower down power was there straight away .
              I've got my current 150 TID mapped to 195 , and it's changed it completely like night and day .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                Well worth it,
                As RBH says gearbox, if you have the f40 gearbox, as you know coming from Saab it's a robust box so will,take the extra .
                When I had my TTID , as yours it was a standard 180 , but different set up with the 2 turbos so lower down power was there straight away .
                I've got my current 150 TID mapped to 195 , and it's changed it completely like night and day .
                I think all 2.0cdti 160/165 versions have F40 if it's manual. I think it's the clutch that is different in early (before ~2012?) models. Some has 240mm clutch, and later ones has same as 4wd 250mm.
                130 models have that M32-gearbox.
                Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I've had 3 diesels remapped now - 2 Vectras, and one Insignia,.. although well worth doing, you won't see any gains in fuel economy, ... but also .. it won't be any worse either.

Comment

Originally posted by Weccu View Post
                    I got mine remapped last month, it was 140hp/350Nm --> 185hp/420Nm and I'm loving it. And the mpg changed from 48mpg (5,9L/100km) --> 55mpg (5,1L/100km)
                    Sounds great, next question... Price?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                      Sounds great, next question... Price?
                      Well, I live in Finland and it was done one of my friend, so I needed to buy the remapped program only, work was "free of charge".
                      But the new map came from U.K and they did few changes to their base map, so that my few wishes were added there.
                      And I know that they have "Ph.2 Re-map" too, it just needs that the EGR and DPF are deleted physically. Then those numbers would be approx. 215hp/450Nm.

Comment

Mine has the F40 box so no worries there. It cost me £250 at Yorkshire Remaps, it was £200 without the EGR Delete.
                        He Put's it on the dyno as part of the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanio View Post
                          Mine has the F40 box so no worries there. It cost me £250 at Yorkshire Remaps, it was £200 without the EGR Delete.
                          He Put's it on the dyno as part of the price.
                          Wow, that price seems unbeatable! Thanks for that, guess I know where to go now!

Comment

I had mine done by SM Remaps...…..awesome guy.
                            I paid £190 for it.

went from 140 to 192.
                            ive seen a difference in the mpg and mid range pick up.

the guy is quite an expert when it comes to Insignias

Comment

140 TO 192, WOW That's some jump Fella

Comment

Working...
                              X