Stationary Regen again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stationary Regen again

Again home from work, light comes on before o reverse onto drive. Left running for approx 8 minutes. That's 675 since it last did a stationary Regen. I really don't know with my car, I reckon it does one every 300 miles or so, but has now started doing this.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Are you sure it didn't simply give up trying to regen after idling for eight minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
      Are you sure it didn't simply give up trying to regen after idling for eight minutes?
      I have no idea, maybe.
      That's what I mean about this car. If I'd have gone driving the light would have gone off after under a minute.

Done over 7000 miles since having the car and the light has never stayed on above a minute except twice now on the drive.

Even been on the motorway doing 75 when light came on, went off after 30 seconds or so.

I feel it doing regens, slightly lumpy acceleration, higher revs, acrid exhaust smell, louder engine tone, mpg drops etc etc. And afterwards car runs perfectly.

I'm sure if it wasn't doing them something would have flagged up by now after 7000 miles.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Just subscribed to scan my Opel after reading support for my engine on saturation level.

So if that is correct 11% is ok so must be doing regens.

Comment

Download this app and keep an eye on it and DPF as its too short as for regen especially when stationery. But everything is possible...

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
            Download this app and keep an eye on it and DPF as its too short as for regen especially when stationery. But everything is possible...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dpfmonitorfree
            It doesn't support my engine unfortunately.

Comment

What is your engine code

Comment

B20dth

Comment

11 % after a regent is bang on the money .
                  They normally start a regen at 75% .
                  It's probably taking longer to regen because you are sat on your driveway regen can happen at any stage . The only thing to avoid as you know is turning the car off
                  But as you say you know when it's doing one because it's starts to idle funny and mpg and distance to empty go down , and the exhaust starts to smell
                  Just shows you everything is working as it should be , so nothing to worry about .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Sounds and looks about mine. I think mine does it around the same times/mileage also but frustrating when getting home and you have to wait .

Btw what interface are you using in the OBD MattG ?

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
                      Sounds and looks about mine. I think mine does it around the same times/mileage also but frustrating when getting home and you have to wait .

Btw what interface are you using in the OBD MattG ?
                      Cheap elm 327 Bluetooth was about £6 from flebay about 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Cheap elm 327 Bluetooth was about £6 from flebay about 4 years ago.
                        Wicked thanks, been needing to get an interface for the car. I have opcom but its not very portable compared to a bluetooth interface and phone :P

Comment

Well confused now. Saturation last night 11%, drive to work reading 65%. Just done a 45 mile run, few miles city, long motorway run, few miles town. It dropped to 53% , back to 63% now parked. Mot and service next month, gonna get them to double check it all.

Comment

MattG
                            you gotta link to the interface???

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              MattG
                              you gotta link to the interface???
                              Bought it years ago for the Astra, just search elm 327 dongle. Quick Google first as there are some cheap knock off, but even most of them work.

Comment

Working...
                              X