No announcement yet.

DVD 800 Navi USB doesn’t recognise IPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mentioned you ran the firmware update for the cd500 to dvd800 bransoj . This lead me to investigate further and I found some info that may be useful for other members having my issue. Just need to find the firmware update disc from somewhere now!

Here is the info which I got from another forum

Insignia 2009-2010 – All Engines
    DVD 800 Navi / CD 500 Navi - Malfunction
    Customer may complain of one or more of the following complaints:

1. TMC traffic announcements cannot be deactivated, even when navigation is not active.

2. iPod functionality from iPhone inoperative since software update from Service Update 09-P-023.

3. Intermittent loss of chime / acoustic signal from indicators and UPA / Park Pilot but radio functions normally. After power down (key off) the system works OK.

This is caused by a software weakness in the radio/navigation system.
    Improved software has been introduced in production as of the following VINs:
    DVD 800 W0LGT5EM8A1034214 23rd October 2009
    CD 500 W0LGT5EM8A1034146 23rd October 2009
    In case of customer complaint a software update via CD (Version 2010/1.0) has to be carried out.
    For programming procedure please refer to description given with Service Update 09-P-023.

Note: Vehicles which have not been reworked in course of Service Update 09-P-023 should directly be programmed with CD software update version 2010/1.0.

Comment

How did you upgrade the cd500?
      Griffins r us.com

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAl View Post
        You mentioned you ran the firmware update for the cd500 to dvd800 bransoj . This lead me to investigate further and I found some info that may be useful for other members having my issue. Just need to find the firmware update disc from somewhere now!

Here is the info which I got from another forum

Insignia 2009-2010 – All Engines
        DVD 800 Navi / CD 500 Navi - Malfunction
        Customer may complain of one or more of the following complaints:

1. TMC traffic announcements cannot be deactivated, even when navigation is not active.

2. iPod functionality from iPhone inoperative since software update from Service Update 09-P-023.

3. Intermittent loss of chime / acoustic signal from indicators and UPA / Park Pilot but radio functions normally. After power down (key off) the system works OK.

This is caused by a software weakness in the radio/navigation system.
        Improved software has been introduced in production as of the following VINs:
        DVD 800 W0LGT5EM8A1034214 23rd October 2009
        CD 500 W0LGT5EM8A1034146 23rd October 2009
        In case of customer complaint a software update via CD (Version 2010/1.0) has to be carried out.
        For programming procedure please refer to description given with Service Update 09-P-023.

Note: Vehicles which have not been reworked in course of Service Update 09-P-023 should directly be programmed with CD software update version 2010/1.0.
        Right you may be in luck here, i happened to log into my old Google Drive the other week and find a load of files that were from when my old laptop that failed dismally. I had it set to back up to the Google Drive and to be honest i'd forgotten about the files until the other week. In there is a folder called "Vauxhall" and when i opened it i found some of the stuff i used to upgrade my old CD500 unit and also theme it. Now please note you use these files at your own risk, i presume i kept them as they worked for me and it was shared so i suspect i've shared them previously for folk to use (at their own risk!!). The folder seems to contain the following which are all zipped files :-

CD500 to DVD800 Upgrade with Original Theme
        CD500 DVD800 MY09-10 Ex-Infinity
        CD500 DVD800 MY09-10 by Engine1992 - Infinity FINAL
        GM_Res (not 100% sure what this is but could be to go back to the CD500 original firmware)
        Restore to Original - CD500_DVD800_MY09_10_update

I think you but just need to extract all the files, burn to a CD and then go from there, sadly i only have the files not the instructions for doing it all but i suspect these can be tracked down from the internet somewhere and i would recommend trying to do this before going through with it just to be safe. I used a few different themes before settling on the one i had on my old car which i think was the Ex-Infinity one. My car was a pre-facelift 2010 car as i think the files differ depending on the age of the car or something like that, something to do with whether it has an A or B on the end of the VIN i think it was, fairly sure mine was A and these files were used for mine.

Link to the files is below :-
        Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

To the moderator - may I ask for the reason for deleting my previous post with the file source for the radio updates mentioned above?
          The mentioned files and descriptions come from the insignia-club.pl forum. Since you are using other people's work, deleting links to the source doesn't look good. There are installation descriptions and procedures that can help the Insignia Drivers users to do update correctly.

Comment

by all means repost it.
            any information that helps others is more than welcome.
            The knowledge of these things is valuable to members.

Comment

Was on here last night Rab I had a wee nosey at it

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                Was on here last night Rab I had a wee nosey at it
                Probably too technical for me then.
                if it's no got simple pics, I'm goosed.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Probably too technical for me then.
                  if it's no got simple pics, I'm goosed.
                  I'm the same, was bored so thought let's have a wee look, right over the head it went
                  was nearly brave enough to program my keys untill the words (brick) an (costly) came up

Comment

Working...
                  X