Nutters on Gumtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutters on Gumtree

Carnt beleave how many nutters are on gumtree. Weekend advertised some furniture and general household items "FREE for collection" got reply from someone saying how desperate she was and could she have it all then conned from guy to come for big stuff (two Sofas and 2 sets bedroom draws) gave him £25 quid for 25 mile round trip saying she would come Monday in here own car for rest, Monday morning email asking if I would take it all to her.
    Just Now I listed ride on mower and within 10 mins guy comes on offering £100 quid (listed at £350)
    does this look like a £100 mower. thead
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200519_190120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	250832

That’s what you get from the gumtree idiots.

Should be called numpties
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
      Carnt beleave how many nutters are on gumtree. Weekend advertised some furniture and general household items "FREE for collection" got reply from someone saying how desperate she was and could she have it all then conned from guy to come for big stuff (two Sofas and 2 sets bedroom draws) gave him £25 quid for 25 mile round trip saying she would come Monday in here own car for rest, Monday morning email asking if I would take it all to her.
      Just Now I listed ride on mower and within 10 mins guy comes on offering £100 quid (listed at £350)
      does this look like a £100 mower. thead
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]5748[/ATTACH]
      I know the feeling I've had my wheels on there for few weeks now an you should see the replies I've had...
      Pure an utter idiot's

Comment

All 'ITENS'
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

yep anouther one asked if i could send details (no mention of which item) to his mum, giving me email address to sent to, I replied via gumtree asking why he could not forward the advert to his mum himself, he never replied, I have come to the conclusion they are just collecting email address's and by sending email back to them they have it set up to auto add ones email to a list so they dont even need to manualy type it in.

Comment

yep anouther one asked if i could send details (no mention of which item) to his mum, giving me email address to sent to, I replied via gumtree asking why he could not forward the advert to his mum himself, he never replied, I have come to the conclusion they are just collecting email address's and by sending email back to them they have it set up to auto add ones email to a list so they dont even need to manualy type it in.
            A lot of scammers on gumtree. I only use gumtree messaging and never give any number out.
            Best keeping yourself safe for the likes of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
              A lot of scammers on gumtree. I only use gumtree messaging and never give any number out.
              I'm the same. Can't be bothered with the hassle of people calling or texting me when I'm at work and as you say for safety. Its easier to deal with the deranged through the messaging service.
              I have in the past managed to sell a few items on it but it seems to be getting worse.

Comment

Yep I do same I have certon questions I ask before give them any phone numbers or email and then its not my every day number I use (spare phone)
                But further to my original post guy just paid via paypal on ebay (less than 2 hours after listing).

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
                  I'm the same. Can't be bothered with the hassle of people calling or texting me when I'm at work and as you say for safety. Its easier to deal with the deranged through the messaging service.
                  I have in the past managed to sell a few items on it but it seems to be getting worse.
                  They make you think you're being the unreasonable one asking for the price you want
                  I wonder if they go to the shops and at the checkout ask the cashier for 30 quid aff there 100 quid shopping...

Comment

Yep I do same I have certon questions I ask before give them any phone numbers or email and then its not my every day number I use (spare phone)
                    But further to my original post guy just paid via paypal on ebay (less than 2 hours after listing).
                    Result mate, every penny counts..

Comment

They make you think you're being the unreasonable one asking for the price you want
                      I wonder if they go to the shops and at the checkout ask the cashier for 30 quid aff there 100 quid shopping...
                      It wouldn't surprise me! I once had a guy wanting me to knock £100 off a set of tyres because he had to drive a long way to get them and it would cost him that in fuel! So I was expected to pay for his fuel! I politely declined the offer.

Comment

It's called bartering. It's what people do on Gumtree. It's a bit like car boot sales. I agree some ask for silly money knocking off though. I've bought a few bits from Gumtree. I never knock them down but my son does. He recently bought a swing set for £35 that was on for £45 and a trampoline for £100 that was up for £120.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

yep 10/20 off thats ok but to offer 100 on 350 item is stupid, now he's sending mardy emails because I sold it for full price but NOT to him.

Comment

yep 10/20 off thats ok but to offer 100 on 350 item is stupid, now he's sending mardy emails because I sold it for full price.
                            Do they contain emoji's and the odd "aaaaarrrrrrrrrr" and "gggrrrrrrrrrrr" by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              Do they contain emoji's and the odd "aaaaarrrrrrrrrr" and "gggrrrrrrrrrrr" by any chance?
                              Peter Pickles
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X