Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got some boot risers, am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some boot risers, am I missing something?

Surely I am missing a part, as I have a big gaping hole in the middle over the spare wheel! or They've sent me the wrong parts - is there something to go in between the two pieces I have? when I put the carpet down over the top there is a big sink hole inbetween.

If so, does anyone know the part number? Pre-face!

Possibly me being thick, though

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	248810

You fitted it wrong way round, the open end faces the back of the boot

Boot risers are for people who want to fit a full size wheel, thats the intention not sure what you got it for.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I was told by a dealer there is a third piece that goes in the middle over a (spare size) wheel that has a storage box, etc.

Pain in that arse if they were wrong!

Comment

I'm sure there is something that covers the spare wheel well, but it's possible I'm wrong here.

Comment

there is a third part if your not going to fit a full size spare. Also turn yours 180 degree's so the open end is facing the back of the car

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            there is a third part if your not going to fit a full size spare. Also turn yours 180 degree's so the open end is facing the back of the car

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f1e149162b.jpg
            Oi you stealing my pic

That centre storage box is about £46 alone @Langy has got a bargain from me all 3 parts for total of £30

My local dealer charges over £60 for the centre box.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              Oi you stealing my pic

That centre storage box is about £46 alone @Langy has got a bargain from me all 3 parts for total of £30

My local dealer charges over £60 for the centre box.

a bargain it was indeed.. god bless ya
              Chris

Comment

Anyone else flogging some of these I’m highly interested

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

There's some on the Fb page, insignia classifieds
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Think the sides are about £13 each

Comment

I don’t have Facebook [emoji19]

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                        There's some on the Fb page, insignia classifieds
                        I got them from Vauxhall superstore, £13 each plus delivery,

Got the middle bit finally being delivered at some point, no idea when!

Thanks for your help everyone

Comment

Hi I fitted mine with the open ends as suggested previous thread towards back of car
                          and then put my full sized spare with dish faced hole facing downwards that way it fits
                          over the centre piece, that contains the jack etc, and the centre clamp not needed the
                          weight of the spare holds it quite well, in the wheel well, but there again I dont do rallying
                          if you drive sensible nothing moves !!

Comment

Does anyone have the part numbers for these by any chance guys....

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                              Does anyone have the part numbers for these by any chance guys....
                              I just went to the stealers and said i would like boot risers for my insignia and i gave them my reg number.

Comment

Working...
                              X