X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! And, Looking to buy!

Hello!
    I get a feeling this will potentially be my new favourite forum

Currently trying to sell my current car and looking at getting an Insignia, so apologies for any noob questions.

So, based in West Yorkshire, and looking to buy. Budget is around the £3k-ish mark, Maybe stretch up to £3.5-£4k.

Ill be having a look at the for sale forums here, hopefully something is within my budget, but otherwise ill be scouting autotrader.

Are there any specific things with Insignia's i need to be aware of when going to view used ones? So far around my budget ive seen mostly 2011 models, about 90k miles for £3k - Can i get better for my money?

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers

Welcome! Have you decided if you want a diesel or a petrol?

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome, fellow West Yorkshireman, to the friendliest forum on t'interweb. I think you've got your priorities right:
        1 find the best car forum
        2 get the car to match the forum

I used to buy my cars from Quarry in Huddersfield, but they changed hands a few years ago and now are no different from any other s/h garage. Happy hunting
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hi,
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hello, welcome. Sit down with a brew and look through for all the potential pit falls. Diesels in particular can have common problems but if you find one that has history of the relevant work done you could be ok. You will see oil pick up, dmf/clutch, dpf, m32 gearbox if its the lower power 130. Or buy a petrol less problems but fewer out there. At that price point it might be wise to get a clean good looking car around the £3000 and keep a bit back to fix any early probs.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
              Hello, welcome. Sit down with a brew and look through for all the potential pit falls. Diesels in particular can have common problems but if you find one that has history of the relevant work done you could be ok. You will see oil pick up, dmf/clutch, dpf, m32 gearbox if its the lower power 130. Or buy a petrol less problems but fewer out there. At that price point it might be wise to get a clean good looking car around the £3000 and keep a bit back to fix any early probs.

For the common diesel issues, there is also the leading EGR cooler and the turbo hose splitting.

Comment

One of the admins ( @sriray ) is selling their Insignia and it fits your budget. I've copied the spec from his members cars thread,

The extremely rare fully loaded 1.6T 180 SRi Nav called Nightscream, this may be the only one still moving in the country.

Here is the spec
                Multi-Level Function Display (DIC)
                SRi Sports seats with electric adjust lumbar support
                Aluminium sports Pedals
                Electronic Parking brake
                Piano Black Dash trim
                Chrome door handle cover
                Navi 600 Navigation/Infotainment System
                DAB Radio
                Side sill plates
                Electronic Climate Control
                Air Conditioning
                18" Alloy Wheels
                Full VX-Line kit (Factory Fitted)
                AFL Headlights Incorporating bi-xenon headlamps with adaptive dynamic beam, auto high beam assist and high-pressure headlamp washers
                LED DRL (Daytime Running Lamps)
                Cornering Lights

Sight & Light Pack
                - Tunnel detection
                - Auto Headlights
                - Auto Wipers
                - Anti-Dazzle Rearview and drivers mirror

Park Assist
                Full Electric Windows
                Power Folding Mirrors
                Visible Twin Exhaust
                FlexRide

Last edited by sriray; 06-02-2020, 10:46 AM.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome

Comment

I wouldn't look any further! Nice car.

Comment

My car as posted by Marko will be up for sale very soon.

SRi Nav 2012 with 93K.

It is a very high spec car for its era. Has the popular add on option possible out the factory.

In addition i have added
                      Sri leather seats.
                      Aftermarket speakers with lights behind grille.
                      Cosmetic interior upgrades that give the interior bit more shine.
                      USB charging at the front, rear, and boot. 12V socket permanent live in boot.
                      Halo Fog light drl with indicators
                      Catback exhaust system.
                      Engine tuned just under 200bhp

Just passed MOT couple days ago with flying colours. Has never failed MOT.
                      Full service history.
                      2 Owners from new including myself.
                      2 Keys + 1 spare casing.
                      Folder full of receipts.

Comment

Endless knowledge on this forum, good bunch of members, whether it be sorting problems or the daily banter(post hijacking a common occurrence). Also definitely agree with the above. Really clean car

Comment

Hello and welcome-----Dave
                          you won't get a more honest car than sriray----it will have been looked after to the highest level------Dave

Comment

Well thats me probably sold!
                            sriray hows best i contact you for a bit more info? and a few more images of the inside etc?

The only thing that could go wrong now would be if it screwed me on insurance.

My general driving at the moment is involving quite a lot of motorway miles, as im back and forth from London quite a bit, and similarly, last year i was back and forth to Glasgow on a weekly basis.

So a quiet (quieter than my Freelander 2) and comfortable ride, any better MPG ill be happy with (wont be too hard to imrove upon), and big enough to carry my **** from an ikea trip haha.

Diesel/Petrol - Ive had Diesels in the past, but i dont have a preference.

Other cars that were on the list:
                            BMW 3 Series 2 or 4 Door
                            Insignia
                            Maybe a Z4 if i could fit 2 cars and had off street parking

Comment

Welcome
                              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                              X