No announcement yet.

Hello! And, Looking to buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i do have some general other insignia questions; you're all probably going to tell me sriray is the guy to goto for electronics advice too right!?

Ive already been eyeing up some of the Android head units from IceBox Auto's.

Ive replaced these in other cars in the past, but if an Insignia has the Control Dial in the arm rest, does that then become pointless/not work with the android units? (if so, what can you replace the dial with?)

Or, if the insignia already has a satnav unit, do you lose any stock functionality by relpacing it with an android unit?

Comment

It's terribly tense watching md89 trying to achieve 10 posts so he can send and receive PM's - I guess it's what you'd call PMT?
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I don't think it will effect the wooha shaft as the giggle pin is inserted to a 45 degree angle

Comment

Originally posted by md89 View Post
          3 More to go after this one

Comment

So i do have some general other insignia questions; you're all probably going to tell me sriray is the guy to goto for electronics advice too right!?

Ive already been eyeing up some of the Android head units from IceBox Auto's.

Ive replaced these in other cars in the past, but if an Insignia has the Control Dial in the arm rest, does that then become pointless/not work with the android units? (if so, what can you replace the dial with?)

Or, if the insignia already has a satnav unit, do you lose any stock functionality by relpacing it with an android unit?
            I think sriray and a few others have played around with the Android units but seemed quite tricky to get right but I could be wrong

Comment

I'm having a case of déjà vu, does anyone know what I'm referring to?

Edit: Nevermind.....false alarm

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                I think @sriray and a few others have played around with the Android units but seemed quite tricky to get right but I could be wrong

You are indeed correct, because they aren't branded like Samsung or Apple, they are not rigorously tested so are prone to bugs and glitches. Even with the top brands they release update patches to rectify the previous bug. And none of them support the Flexride system in terms of sport settings readjustment, which my car does have flexride. By disconnecting battery each time, you have to reset the sport settings.
                Software compatibility is an issue, not all apps work correctly on these tesla units. There are only a handful of tesla units which support the factory nav for replacement.
                If you want me to recommend a brand i would say icecarbox, think they are based in liverpool and act as a middle man, so worth checking one out at their shop on your car if possible.

Comment

md89 you should be able to send PM now, we've changed your settings

Comment

Congratulations, you proved yourself eligible for a fast track

Comment

Hurrah for fast track!

I'll keep general insignia questions here still.

So are the sports settings and flexride system controlled through the factory fitted sat nav?

I've looked at the vertical Tesla units, and as tempted as I am, the UI doesn't look that polished to be honest. So would only be looking at the 7" or 8" android units to actually replace the factory sat nav.

General app issues, I can address/fix, but I know some of the icebox auto units actually get AC info and door open info etc which looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        md89 you should be able to send PM now, we've changed your settings
                        Close! Reply box appears now but says I've hit the message quote

"You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

Comment

It's a big yooooooohoooooooo and welcome to the insignia drivers forum ok wing ding MD89 .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Close! Reply box appears now but says I've hit the message quote

"You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."
                            Try now you've reached 10 posts.
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                            X