Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member, new car, what workshop manual and diagnostics do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new car, what workshop manual and diagnostics do you recommend?

Hi there,

I'm new to the world of Insignia's and the forum, upgraded from a Vectra C Elite to a facelift 63 plate Insignia Elite. Loving it so far! The Veccy had been a great car for 7 years but it was just getting more and more problematic and unreliable. I spent about £350 getting new front callipers, discs and pads over a month because one seized up, followed by the other 4 weeks later.

I'm based in Mid Wales, not too far from Aberystwyth.

I bought the car about a week ago and it's been good so far. This forum helped me with what to look out for (managed to get £250 knocked off because of the noisy water pump) and given me some jobs to add to the list. Going to be booking in with MB Motors in Keighley soon to get the oil seal done so it's not a worry.

My family is into camping so another item on the list is roof bars and box. Initially, we were going to get a VX Line tourer but this ended up being the cleaner car that we saw and the money was right. I really want to take the family camping in Europe so, fingers crossed, the Insignia gives me the reliability the Veccy was lacking.

Currently on the scout for a workshop manual/software and a diagnostics tool/software. If you've got any ideas I'd love to hear about them.

EDIT: Found this post by Langy for workshop manual https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...Repair-manuals

This forum has been ace to delve through.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200206_135920.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	249556
    Last edited by TLJ86; 08-02-2020, 12:28 PM. Reason: Being a div

Welcome.....didn't expect you to copy and paste

Stick your request into the proper section.
    Location???

Nice car

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Welcome.....didn't expect you to copy and paste

Stick your request into the proper section.
      Location???

Nice car
      Yeah, I'm lazy . I've edited it with a bit more info and I'll post up a proper request in the right section.

Comment

Hi,

Nice into and lovely car!
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum, I have the maxiecu and with it you can add other car makes onto it at a small cost, don't think you'll be able to do that with opcom, also you can get a Haynes manual number 5563 for help with most things for your car, otherwise you just need to ask on here - - - Dave

Comment

Welcome. Wow posted well, provided details, and a photo.

Rab gonna lurrrrve you

Watch out for the coconut oil, he don't just use it on seats [emoji1787]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Welcome. Wow posted well, provided details, and a photo.

Rab gonna lurrrrve you

Watch out for the coconut oil, he don't just use it on seats [emoji1787]
                Urafud

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Urafud
                  I have now realised when you don't have a reply (which is rare), you say that .

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    I have now realised when you don't have a reply (which is rare), you say that .

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
                    No........some of your comments don't warrant a reply

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse buddy,

get ready for selling off body parts to fund your 'modding needs'... z
                      Chris

Comment

Hello and welcome, nice car to travel Europe. You have come to the right place for all that pre trip advice!

Comment

Comment

Welcome

Same model, year and spec as mine. Just not the same colour.
                            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Welcome mate

Comment

Working...
                              X