No announcement yet.

Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a numba** youth , I had a fiat 131 , and was into cheap modifications.
    Chopping springs .
    Raising the height , by sawing the spring cups off another and bolting them on ,
    And for my part trick once , I changed the pads on one side of the car N/S/F .
    Don't know why but I did .
    And I fitted hella spot lamps to the front to make it look like a rally car .
    I had no understanding of the dangers of doing any of it or maybe the legal side ,
    But those were the days that you use to fly by the seat of your pants type thing .
    And yes I'm still here today to tell the tail .
    ***** Quick disclaimer before I get called something *****
    1) don't what ever you do copy anything I did
    2) I was on some illegal substance
    3) I must of been lucky to survive.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

And now as for the answer to the ops question. I would not recommend fitting lowered springs as it would make the ride even harsher and you end up scraping the bottom section of the car, and uk roads aren't great either.

Comment

Thanks all will leave it I know previous cars I've had with lowering springs and they been ok but I will leave it as is
        siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

If you want to improve the look of the car and make the arch gap look abit smaller you can add hubcentric spacers. Think it may be 22mm spacers you don't need to cut the dome of the hub bolt.

Comment

Thanks will have a look at them

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
              Did people really do that?! I thought it was just a joke.
              Even I know guys who have done that to lower their cars and I'm 27!
              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but there seems to be a bug with starting new threads... Have found a set of coilovers that came off a prefacelift. I assume they will fit the facelift OK?

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                  Sorry to hijack this thread but there seems to be a bug with starting new threads... Have found a set of coilovers that came off a prefacelift. I assume they will fit the facelift OK?

TIA
                  Just in case you haven't seen it https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ing-new-topics

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                    Yeah, actually just finished reading the post. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
                      Evening had my vxline a week I feel the suspension a tad harsh and high at the back would eibach lowering springs be a good choice for comfort and slightly lower at the rear thanks
                      So after a wee sunny day decided to change rear springs as thought they were standard springs

Comment

So after a wee sunny day decided to change rear springs as thought they were standard springs
                        I can see that's going to look better already!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          I can see that's going to look better already!
                          Well here is the back now but I think the fronts are standard aswell now

Comment

Well here is the back now but I think the fronts are standard aswell now
                            Much better

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                              Much better
                              Thanks all cracking site here

Comment

Thanks all cracking site here

so 40mill drop all round is the best way to go without major changes on an sri?

Comment

Working...
                                X