Dead Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Insignia

So the bottomless pit has found there is no such thing, bottom found. Bottom end gone again. Rebuilt last year and never been right. approx €5,000 spend last year (yes I know, I could have replaced the car for that) on that car between engine rebuild, DMF and various things breaking down on it. 2011 sri Vauxhall 130Bhp is now waiting to find a scrap yard that will take it, as most already have 2 or 3 of them. A car, that when running, was a lovely car to drive, looked well and comfortable. Such a pity they are so badly built with chocolate engines. I'm happy to not be spending money on it anymore, but sad cause I spent so much on it...

Hopefully no one here will have half the trouble I had with mine.

2015 - 3 months after buying car - Steering rack replaced under warranty after a fight with Opel Ireland 70k miles
    June 2016 - hit by a big ass jeep, fixed and kept on the road
    July 2016 - Servicing, EGR cooler, Air Mass Meter and Hose all replaced, meter damaged by hole in the hose
    Oct 2017 - dreaded oil seal - Engine rebuild - car back on road Feb 2018
    March 2018 - Oil leaks - Oil cooler replaced
    between March and August - constant breakdowns all stupid little stuff that adds up
    Sept 2019 - Hit by truck - New back door 1/4 panel - wish it was wrote off then....
    Dec 2018 - Oil leak, Oil level sensor - Sump off, DMF also gone
    April 2019 - the beginning of the end - car getting harder and harder to start - then it wouldn't. Inspected by mechanic, bottom end gone.... 135k miles later...

Sorry had to list...

I'm really sorry. Good and bad with all cars. Would like to say well done for not giving up, but like you say could have bought another car.

What you getting next?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      I'm really sorry. Good and bad with all cars. Would like to say well done for not giving up, but like you say could have bought another car.

What you getting next?
      Not an Insignia anyway... Will have to see what money I can muster up, it died at a very bad time, but it took my savings first... I might take my wife's car off her, low milage and she has it a few years with no problems.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your woes with the car. There’s always a few in the breakers near me as well due to one thing or another.
        Why not offer it for spares or repair or take some parts of it to sell and recover your losses.
        I’m sure you’d sell a few items via here or eBay, gumtree etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
          Sorry to hear of your woes with the car. There’s always a few in the breakers near me as well due to one thing or another.
          Why not offer it for spares or repair or take some parts of it to sell and recover your losses.
          I’m sure you’d sell a few items via here or eBay, gumtree etc.
          I had though of that, but I've no where to keep it while breaking. Plus could really do without the hassle.

Comment

Dead Insignia

Originally posted by RobbieFitz View Post
            I had though of that, but I've no where to keep it while breaking. Plus could really do without the hassle.
            I understand that what model was it?
            Could sell the easy stuff like lights, wings doors, bumpers, front grille etc.

Does it have the Opel badges spare wheel/toolkit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
              I understand that what model was it?
              Could sell the easy stuff like lights, wings doors, bumpers, front grille etc.

Does it have the Opel badges spare wheel/toolkit?
              Vauxhall badges, tool kit still there, original spare wheel. SRI spec.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieFitz View Post
                Vauxhall badges, tool kit still there, original spare wheel. SRI spec.
                Toolkit and spare wheel will sell easy along with mirrors lights etc.
                Worth a try to get something out of it before scrapping it and getting nothing for it.

Comment

Did You know that you could fit in 1.9 cdti from Vectra c in there?
                  It is possible to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                    Did You know that you could fit in 1.9 cdti from Vectra c in there?
                    It is possible to do it.
                    Aren’t those engines worse than the ones in the insignia?

Something to do with swirl flaps on the inlet manifold if I remember correctly [emoji848].

Comment

On the Saab 9-3 DTH ( same as verctra c cdti) we de-flapp them ( kits available ) remove the swirl flap actuator arm and bingo all superduper.

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Do the insignia 2.0 CDTI Engines have swirl flaps on them too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                          Do the insignia 2.0 CDTI Engines have swirl flaps on them too?
                          Yes..
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                            Yes..
                            Not a problem thou are they?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I've never heard of an insignia diesel with swirl flap issues , though the Bi turbo engine is shared with the Saab 9-3 TTID and on the Saab version they have been known to brake up and get digested into the cylinders that's pre 2010 , wow I'm full of doom and gloom .

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X