Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone dash mount

Hi all

I currently have a phone holder which sits in the vent and it is rubbish. Anyone recommend a dash mounted 360 one.

Cheers all

You can get ones that fit in the CD slot & they either have a magnetic attachment for the phone, or a kind of bracket/clamp to hold it. I have one with a magnetic mount, got it from Amazon & have had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
      You can get ones that fit in the CD slot & they either have a magnetic attachment for the phone, or a kind of bracket/clamp to hold it. I have one with a magnetic mount, got it from Amazon & have had no problems.
      Cheers mate will have a look

Comment

Ailun Car Phone Mount,CD Slot Magnetic Car Mount Holder,Compatible iPhone X/Xs/XR/Xs Max/8/7/6/6sPlus,Galaxy S10/S10+/S9/S9+,S8/S8+,S7/S7 Edge,Galaxy Note 5 & Other Smartphones[Black] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074P11J..._ROw6CbG96MX0G

Comment

Look at the brodit ones I think it is. They are meant to be good.

Comment

Had the Brodit ones in the Vectra---very good stuff but expensive---cheap stuff is exactly that---cheap----------Dave

Comment

Thats what the cup holders are for ain’t it? Lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190525_213525583.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	243199

Cable comes from usb port in rear and phone is a perfect size for sitting on the closed cup holder.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1456[/ATTACH]

Cable comes from usb port in rear and phone is a perfect size for sitting on the closed cup holder.
                  Yep thats it. Perfect set up

Comment

Yep....miss that from my old insignia....

Comment

Exactly what I do

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Exactly what I do
                        MattG
                        I honestly don't think there is any place on the insignia dash suitable for a phone mount.
                        At least sitting on the cover, it doesn't slide and it's easily accessible if and when needed.

Comment

There isn't. Don't like to block vents, and they always seem cheap and flimsy.

Also with the Insignia phone and text system there is no need to look at phone, and for those with AA or CP absolutely no need to look at phone, it could be kept undercover.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                            There isn't. Don't like to block vents, and they always seem cheap and flimsy.

Also with the Insignia phone and text system there is no need to look at phone, and for those with AA or CP absolutely no need to look at phone, it could be kept undercover.
                            Unfortunately I don't have nav so use my phone for that

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD View Post
                              Unfortunately I don't have nav so use my phone for that
                              Yeah that makes it difficult. A lad at work has a phone mount that auto releases, 360° rotation and wireless charging, uses a suction mount to window or dash.

I know some people have bought an old tablet and fixed it in front of old screen. Use it for music, nav etc routed through aux etc. Connect to your phone for WiFi.

Comment

Working...
                              X