HID kit, what an improvement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID kit, what an improvement!

Always hated my yellow lights, finally sorted it today! Bought a HID kit from eBay, cost £15, looks and works great!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191126_124829.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	249414
    Before...

Name:	IMG_20191128_130001.jpg
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	249415
    After!
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Nice mate, what colour temp did you buy

Comment

They were listed as "super white"
      Can't see any yellowness at all so I'm happy
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

We're they not listed as 5000k or 6000k , for example

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
          We're they not listed as 5000k or 6000k , for example
          It doesn't say, just "super white xenon look"

Name:	Screenshot_20191128_155521_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	244001

Name:	Screenshot_20191128_155532_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	244002

Comment

Ah , they are not hids mate, but anything is better than the stock yellow bulbs

Comment

Ah, turns out it's not an HID kit, ah well, that's what I searched for on eBay haha

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                Ah , they are not hids mate, but anything is better than the stock yellow bulbs
                Yeah just realised haha, oh well, like you say, miles better than the yellow, ordered late last night and confused myself haha

Comment

HID kits come with a ballast, not really suitable for cars with the old style reflector lights like these - they tend to glare despite them having a bar along the shaft of the bulbs - HID is designed for projector lenses like those on the Facelift A. Even LED as marko301 says, will glare in these lights because there isn't the metal sheath around the bulb like the modern cars have.

I think you have done about as good as you can with these and also being legal - HIDs are now illegal, although they are very good.

Comment

They look great but you might find the light output poor on unlit roads. The blue coating which gives them the white look also holds back some of the output. The only way to find out if they work for your needs is to try them.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                      HID kits come with a ballast, not really suitable for cars with the old style reflector lights like these - they tend to glare despite them having a bar along the shaft of the bulbs - HID is designed for projector lenses like those on the Facelift A. Even LED as marko301 says, will glare in these lights because there isn't the metal sheath around the bulb like the modern cars have.

I think you have done about as good as you can with these and also being legal - HIDs are now illegal, although they are very good.
                      Yeah I realised my mistake when I double checked the HID kit I had on my watch list. Yeah I'm glad I went this route then! Looks great, just what I wanted and no glare, saved a few quid too. Will test how good they are tonight, I have high hopes compared to the candles it had before!

Comment

How are the lights at night now mate

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          They look great but you might find the light output poor on unlit roads. The blue coating which gives them the white look also holds back some of the output. The only way to find out if they work for your needs is to try them.
                          Yeah I was meant to give an update after driving at night. I live 3 miles down an unlit road and these bulbs are a vast improvement over the originals, especially the full beam. Maybe just cheap yellows in before

Comment

Originally posted by andy66 View Post
                            How are the lights at night now mate
                            Just posted an update, completely forgot, but basically way better light output than the stock set

Comment

How are these holding up after a couple of weeks ?

Comment

Working...
                              X