This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand sport mods

Good evening, just wondered if anyone had started doing any mods with there grand sport yet?

Only a few....Rear skirt with dummy dual exhaust trim and mud guards.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      Only a few....Rear skirt with dummy dual exhaust trim and mud guards.
      Don’t forget the led headlights Mark.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Sounds nice, any pictures? Did you retro fit the matrix lights?

Comment

...and don't forget your black wheels, Mark
          I've black-dipped my grille and fog lamp surrounds
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200120_162818.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	247543
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            ...and don't forget your black wheels, Mark
            I've black-dipped my grille and fog lamp surrounds
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]6495[/ATTACH]
            I really like the front of your siggy looks more aggressive, what did you use just a spray can?

Comment

I used vinyl wrap on the fog lamps, but the grille had too many 3-dimensional curves, so I used Frost Liquid Vinyl from eBay. Masked it off with masking tape and polythene dust sheets, cleaned with isopropyl then 5 thin coats. Really happy with the results
              Last edited by PeteH; 15-09-2020, 06:43 PM.
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                I used vinyl wrap on the fog lamps, but the grille had too many 3-dimensional curves, so I used Frost Liquid Vinyl from eBay. Masked it off with masking tape and polythene dishes, cleaned with isopropyl then 5 thin coats. Really happy with the results
                You should be happy with that result, might need to have a go at that myself in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Kezo1995 View Post
                  Sounds nice, any pictures? Did you retro fit the matrix lights?
                  Haha no....You can't fit matrix lights. It's led bulbs in the dipped beam and main beam.

Led dipped headlights

Black wheels (acquired taste I know )

Smoked side indicator lenses

Mud guards

Rear skirt with duel exhaust trims
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I need to do the led lights

Comment

Haha no....You can't fit matrix lights. It's led bulbs in the dipped beam and main beam.

Led dipped headlights

Mud guards

That’s a nice looking motor there, how easy were the leds to install? I bought a set for my old Astra j and gave up when they never fit properly. Coming to think about it I’m sure they’re in a drawer somewhere haha. I’ll defend you with the black wheels I like them aswell.

Comment

Led dipped headlights

Mud guards

And here we have some evidence of Marko parked in the street........well before the pikeys with the vans get there and block him in

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          I need to do the led lights
                          It's literally a 5 minute job. You should do it. They look so much better than the standard yellow halogens.

That’s a nice looking motor there, how easy were the leds to install? I bought a set for my old Astra j and gave up when they never fit properly. Coming to think about it I’m sure they’re in a drawer somewhere haha. I’ll defend you with the black wheels I like them aswell.
                          You can't just stick any in your dipped beam. It's important you get the correct cut off. Most sets will just dazzle other road users. These will give you the correct beam pattern https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true You also need error cancellers for the canbus. Something like these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt It all fits inside the headlight and the cover fits back on nicely.

You can stick any in your main beam though and you don't need error cancellers for main beam because it isn't canbus. I have these in mine https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nighteye-72W...AAAOSwKltexjC9 They turn unlit roads into daylight

Comment

I’ll defend you with the black wheels I like them aswell.

Another one with no taste.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              And here we have some evidence of Marko parked in the street........well before the pikeys with the vans get there and block him in
                              They don't dare now.

Comment

Working...
                              X