• Show
Clear All

• just had this message come up low oil pressure stop engine

Never had it before
    Low oil pressure stop engine

Restart it and doesn't apear

Should I be safe and replace anything
    If so what do I need

Oil pump seal,,I wouldn't use it till it was replaced ,on reading about the engine bottom end failures shortly after getting this message
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253467550231 is this it ?

Comment

That's the one
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Would that normally cure it that little thing

Anything else to replace while at it

Comment

How much u reckon it'll cost to install in garage or get someone to house

Comment

Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
              Would that normally cure it that little thing

Anything else to replace while at it
              Normally it's just the seal,,it turns brittle and mis shaped,thus not getting a correct seal. Wouldn't like to say how much,but quite a job for a small part

Comment

That is not a nice message to see. Hope your engine is still fine.

Comment

Got a recovery vehicle to take it to the garage
                  I've not started it since message
                  Hoping it ok

Comment

Seal is in the sump, had it go on mine, cost me €3k to fix, complete bottom end rebuild. Hopefully you will get avail with just the seal replace. Part is about €15 - €20, but the gearbox needs to be split to remove the sump to replace the seal. Few hundred quid your looking at.

Comment

Wouldn't it been cheaper you got a refurbished engine
                      Hope it doesn't go over 300 £ max that alli have

Comment

There's me wanting a nice exhaust this month

Comment

Refurb engines are very expensive and is the last resort.
                          The fix should be around the figure you mentioned fingerscross, if the engine is fine. If not and the engine is knackered, it would be a lot more expensive to rebuild it

Comment

Les insignia, what engine do you have. What year is it and what's your mileage ?. I'm just curious. Thanks.

Comment

Not much difference in getting a refurbished one to rebuilding, but mine was bad, needed a new block, otherwise would have saved me a few hundred quid. Hopefully yours id caught early enough and will only need the oil seal replaced. It the work involved in getting to the part, split the gearbox to remove the sump.

Comment

Working...
                              X