Bad Karma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Karma

I popped to a near by scrap yard today to replace a few broken clips not intending on anything else.. well I came across a full dual exhaust and bottom valance.
    Bonus I thought, I'm having that.
    Asked a guy how much. If you take it off yourself £xx amount was the reply.
    Managed to get it all off in the end, popped it in my van and went to pay.
    Saw a different guy in the office and he asked what I had so I said the exhaust off the insignia and the bottom valance. (Pointing at the car)
    He gave a much, much cheaper price so I paid and left very quickly.

Swapping over the valance wasn't a problem, done in no time.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190321_144629.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	248990

Came to fit the exhaust hanger to the other side thinking it's only 2 bolts not take long. So took the valance back off for easier access.
    Well this happened. A bolt snapped :0(

Name:	20190321_144111.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	248989
    I've tried to get it out but no luck.
    Retro fit Navi 600 with 3d maps & reverse camera. Powerfold, and heated leather.
    So far...

drill it out starting with small drill about 3mm and gradually step it up until you can just get tap to start at which time it should be week enough to come out.

Comment

Finally got the stubborn 2@ out.

Very pleased with what can be done on a dry day.

Before a clean and a little elbow grease to the tips. Right side already done. I forgot to take a picture before I started .

Name:	20190323_152643.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	242991

After

Name:	20190323_152348.jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	242990

Name:	20190323_145027.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	242992

Name:	20190323_145021.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	242993
      Retro fit Navi 600 with 3d maps & reverse camera. Powerfold, and heated leather.
      So far...

Comment

And even got round to swapping the steering wheel I got off a member a good while a go.

Name:	20190323_150641.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	242994
        So far...

Comment

Looks Mint Mate!

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
            Looks Mint Mate!
            Cheers pal. Im very happy with how it looks and the tips came up a treat with a £3.99 tube of Autosol metal polish.
            So far...

Comment

did you weld it,or sleeve it together
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

that's looking superb Jasper

Comment

Nice job
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Sweet
                    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      did you weld it,or sleeve it together
                      It's welded pal then it was bolted together as one complete system at the front flange.
                      So far...

Comment

Nice job...
                        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                        X