Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 T A16LET Replacing Drive Shaft Asking Experiences

Good day,

My right hand drive shaft inner joint is bad.

The stealers are charging 600 pounds for the repair and 1030 pounds for changing the whole drive shaft.
    No problemo, just search the internet and buy a replacement shaft and DIY! Not!
    I think I have a very special car because the parts are always very hard to find or like ten times more expensive then "other" siggies.
    I can find plenty new shafts for under 100 pounds for siggies with all the other engines.

What the ... is so special about my car? And is there somebody here that also had this problem? Off course the story I get with the stealers: "never heard of an Insignia with this problem" and "inner joints on Insignia never go bad" and "first time I see a insignia with an bad inner joint", I always get these responses with think which are wrong with my car.

Thank to the people replying!!

What year is your car.

Comment

Year 2010

Comment

ww.jandrcvjoints.co.uk UK ‎0121 770 5636........Contact this Manufacturer , they would probably be able to help ...............as they manufacture for most cars and you might find yours is used in another model possibly . Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
            Good day,

My right hand drive shaft inner joint is bad.

The stealers are charging 600 pounds for the repair and 1030 pounds for changing the whole drive shaft.
            No problemo, just search the internet and buy a replacement shaft and DIY! Not!
            I think I have a very special car because the parts are always very hard to find or like ten times more expensive then "other" siggies.
            I can find plenty new shafts for under 100 pounds for siggies with all the other engines.

What the ... is so special about my car? And is there somebody here that also had this problem? Off course the story I get with the stealers: "never heard of an Insignia with this problem" and "inner joints on Insignia never go bad" and "first time I see a insignia with an bad inner joint", I always get these responses with think which are wrong with my car.

Thank to the people replying!!
            You're not the only one. Inner joint on nearside is shot, as is inner joint on off side, as is outer joint on off side. And I've got the same story from the dealers - never heard of that! Mind you I'm on 150k but never had to change drive shafts on any other car I've had even with bigger mileage.

Comment

A14Net shares the running gear? This may open up options less than £100

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                A14Net shares the running gear? This may open up options less than £100
                That’s correct, there are two other engine models which fit the same part but when I search I do it with OEM number of the part and not with engine/car type.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                  You're not the only one. Inner joint on nearside is shot, as is inner joint on off side, as is outer joint on off side. And I've got the same story from the dealers - never heard of that! Mind you I'm on 150k but never had to change drive shafts on any other car I've had even with bigger mileage.
                  Did you already got it replaced or still driving with it like me?

Comment

Your car is quite common over there, you should find parts easily.
                    Over here is rare.

But hope you get sorted it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                      Your car is quite common over there, you should find parts easily.
                      Over here is rare.

But hope you get sorted it soon.
                      Well, I also thought but not the A16LET.

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
                        ww.jandrcvjoints.co.uk UK ‎0121 770 5636........Contact this Manufacturer , they would probably be able to help ...............as they manufacture for most cars and you might find yours is used in another model possibly . Good Luck.
                        Thanks but they couldn’t help me unfortunately.

Comment

Well, I also thought but not the A16LET.
                          It's common in Poland and Russia then

Comment

Did you already got it replaced or still driving with it like me?
                            I've taken a chance on a pair of second hand driveshafts for £60. Hopefully I'll have them by the end of the week. Only then I'll know the condition. New they are over €1600.
                            Here's one that's listed as for the 1.6 turbo but part no. not right. Astra shares the same part no.

https://www.ebay.ie/b/Vauxhall-Drive...8230682?_pgn=2

Comment

These came today. £76 delivered for the 2. Joints in great condition.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/

Comment

Working...
                              X