1.6 T A16LET Replacing Drive Shaft Asking Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope they fit
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      Let's hope they fit
      Same part number and ident. code as whats on mine, so they will. They're only fitted to Biturbo and 2.8. Came all the way from Kessingland for £16 with DPD. Now thats good value.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        These came today. £76 delivered for the 2. Joints in great condition.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/
        Are they for both sides ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yes same part left and right, right splines into intermediate shaft at bearing housing. Said I may as well buy the two.

Comment

You did your nearside a while back, is it hard to get the shaft out of the gearbox? and whats the best way to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
              You did your nearside a while back, is it hard to get the shaft out of the gearbox? and whats the best way to do it?
              It just slid out,,undo big retaining nut on end of shaft while someone stands on brake pedal. Undo the 2 bolts that hold the hub to the suspension strut,then shaft slides out,,no need to undo bottom ball joint if you do it this way.. take it easy when you push new shaft into box,,the driveshaft oil seals are easy to damage,,which I discovered
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I have to get the hub nut end thread redone on one of the shafts as it's a bit of a mushroom from being hammered off the hub. Its not bad but thread damaged and not wanting to chance it on the day. Going to change the intermediate shaft bearing at the same time. I'm actually looking forward to this job. Plus with 2 complete used shafts I have loads of spares. A bargain at €91 delivered and new ones €1700. Yes €1700.

Comment

crunch81 Have you got this sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                    crunch81 Have you got this sorted?
                    No, buttons has a 2012 Biturbo. I have a 2010 1.6T. Mine does not use the same driveshaft as the Astra.
                    Still cannot find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                      No, buttons has a 2012 Biturbo. I have a 2010 1.6T. Mine does not use the same driveshaft as the Astra.
                      No this is ridiculous. So your local garage cannot source a pattern/similar part? Do you know the part number for driveshaft?

Comment

It is the second number one: 374933

Comment

That is just a ring, the part itself is very cheap.
                          Just looked up (13265648) is over £600 for just one side. Why is it so bloody expensive.

Comment

It won't be too bad if the car holds its resale value but it doesn't

Comment

1.6 T A16LET Replacing Drive Shaft Asking Experiences

Nope, it’s not a ring. The part you look at is the wrong one, I found one of these 48 ones cheap.
                              It is the 374933 or 22796274

That one is over €1100

The stealers changed the part overtime because there was something wrong with it.
                              That’s why you see the arrow pointing to another number.

Asked the opel Nederland about the reason, spend a few weeks of getting reply’s with: don’t know, ask a dealer and we are not technically capable for answering that blablabla.

Yesterday I got the customer satisfaction email and took a good old bit of time for it if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                                The inner joint is the same so there is an option to get a full second hand driveshaft from astra and use inner joint.

Comment

Working...
                                X