Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers

Hi,

I want to change the four door speakers and centre dash one.

I’m unsure of the best wattage to go for. I’ll be sticking with the original system CD500 Navi and won’t be adding an amp or sub.

What size is the centre speaker please?

Thanks [emoji4].

To benefit the aftermarket speakers, its wise investing in a external amplifier. The factory amp is not very good with decent aftermarket speakers. You will have to turn your volume high for decent sound and bass.

Comment

How do I go about installing an amp and still retain the car’s chimes and sounds for parking sensors?

Do I run from the speakers of back of the radio?

Has someone done this successfully?

Comment

i put these in mine,

straight forward plug and play, no amp needed and a definite improvement over standard, but not cheap though.

Comment

Did the soundproofing on the doors make much difference to the noise inside the cabin?
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Did the soundproofing on the doors make much difference to the noise inside the cabin?
            yeah does seem a bit quieter

Comment

Originally posted by delerium View Post
              i put these in mine,
              but not cheap though.
              Nice how much were they?
              Worth spending the extra for plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                Nice how much were they?
                Worth spending the extra for plug and play.
                when i bought mine they was about £420 for the set

Comment

Speakers

i put these in mine,

straight forward plug and play, no amp needed and a definite improvement over standard, but not cheap though.
                  They look amazing. Where did you get them from?

I’ve seen an amp available in Halfords that plugs directly into the cars wiring loom so no alteration of wiring etc required.

Has the sound deadening made any difference to road noise and panel vibration?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                    They look amazing. Where did you get them from?

I’ve seen an amp available in Halfords that plugs directly into the cars wiring loom so no alteration of wiring etc required.

Has the sound deadening made any difference to road noise and panel vibration?
                    have you a link for the amp you mentioned
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      have you a link for the amp you mentioned

Maybe?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Looks ok, just went to vibe site, british made, good quality, something i might look at in the future, its £120 ish thou if you want the correct Vauxhall plug to make it plug n play, good find thou

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Looks ok, just went to vibe site, british made, good quality, something i might look at in the future, its £120 ish thou if you want the correct Vauxhall plug to make it plug n play, good find thou

Definitely worth it for the ease of connectivity.

Just to find some decent speakers and adapters.

Comment

when i bought mine they was about £420 for the set
                            Is there a typo there . I know you mention not cheap but didn't think it was that expensive. Can you buy the centre speaker separately? All the ones i seen are 4ohms, which factory one is 8ohms in the centre. 4 ohms speaker wont be working at full power through the existing wiring.

Comment

Looks good that.

No thick power cable from the battery, remote turn on wire, and long speaker wiring to deal with.

Didn't know this existed.

Comment

Working...
                              X