Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	243104
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190427_102258019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	243105

Comment

can remember a mate bought a cavvy sri 130 back in the day,,it was a 85 I think,,it was like **** off a shovel,,soooo quick !
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        can remember a mate bought a cavvy sri 130 back in the day,,it was a 85 I think,,it was like **** off a shovel,,soooo quick !
        Quick for 1985 standards

Comment

Where has the car come from?

Only ask cause my step dad had one of these 25 years ago and the number plate looks vaguely familiar

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
            Where has the car come from?

Only ask cause my step dad had one of these 25 years ago and the number plate looks vaguely familiar
            bought it in Robroyston, Glasgow

Comment

Original VX garage was Foley's of Swanage

So....really, not that far from you

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                Original VX garage was Foley's of Swanage

So....really, not that far from you
                At last something close to me

It would have been in Essex anyway, where I originally hail from for my sins

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  bought it in Robroyston, Glasgow
                  just round the corner from me!! Never see it around. Nice find

Comment

I have had four of those cavaliers in the hatchbacks and loved them all. So reliable. Had a cam belt snap at 70 mph on the M6, literally just before Knutsford services on the southbound side. Then managed to roll it all the way into the services and called the RAC. They bought the car back and said good luck. That was on the Saturday afternoon. On the Sunday morning I replaced the belt and the car fired first time. Was so happy there was no other damage. Would that happen these days, I don’t think so. They don’t make them as they used to.

I could work on those engines all day long and not get bored. These days you are frightened to touch them in case you damage a sensor or some other electric component.
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Aw man i love a mark 2 cavie. had a F reg 1.6 GL years ago and was one of the best cars i have ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart107 View Post
                        just round the corner from me!! Never see it around. Nice find
                        In in that area everyday working

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                          I have had four of those cavaliers in the hatchbacks and loved them all. So reliable. Had a cam belt snap at 70 mph on the M6, literally just before Knutsford services on the southbound side. Then managed to roll it all the way into the services and called the RAC. They bought the car back and said good luck. That was on the Saturday afternoon. On the Sunday morning I replaced the belt and the car fired first time. Was so happy there was no other damage. Would that happen these days, I don’t think so. They don’t make them as they used to.

I could work on those engines all day long and not get bored. These days you are frightened to touch them in case you damage a sensor or some other electric component.
                          Totally agree mate.....the old 8v ohc engines were bullit proof as were the red tops

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                            Aw man i love a mark 2 cavie. had a F reg 1.6 GL years ago and was one of the best cars i have ever owned.
                            There a hatch commander sitting in Dumbarton just off Bruce street...it's not moved for long enough.
                            We tried to search for the owner, eventually found him, put a note thru his door and heard zero back.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post

I used to work for a main delaer from '90 to '95 and worked on cavs all day long. It was heaven. Nowadays i put the car into a garage for anything as it's waaaay beyond my skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X