• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god I am not the only 1 that experience's that

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
      Wow

They must really have improved things on the new model. I have had several diesels with dpf including a 2016 Audi A6 and never got anywhere near that distance between regens. The Audi was around 450 miles even though it was doing longer journeys.
      I've had Insignias for over 5 years, my last A facelift 163 was the same. Every 2 to 3 k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
        I've had Insignias for over 5 years, my last A facelift 163 was the same. Every 2 to 3 k miles
        How many miles per week?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I found out how to do a forced regen without a diagnostic tool or computer. Is so simple to and you only need one item to do it to.

1) Go to the supermarket
          2) Find the fruit and veg isle
          3) Get a 3” diameter banana (Fyffes work best)
          4) Pay for the banana
          5) Go out into the car park and warm up your engine (revving to the red section and holding it gets it warmer quicker)
          6) Switch off ending and shove the banana up your tail pipe
          7) Start car up again and go for a spirited drive (wheel spinning and tyre smoke help here to)
          8) Wait until banana has shot out the exhaust
          9) Forced regen complete

Don’t ask me how this works but it does (something to do with fooling the DPF pressure sensor I guess). Try it next time you go super market.

Comment

2013 2 litre Diesel. Varies between 250 to 500 miles. Usually the higher figure during the winter months when the air is cooler\more dense therefore giving a slightly cleaner burn.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              How many miles per week?
              Varies, 250 to 300. Car is ru ing for an hour at a time. Rarely does little trips

Comment

I have a regen every 450-600 miles and I drive it like I stole it.
                The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

How do yous know it's doing a regen?

Comment

I fitted the LED in the speaker...wise mod from the posts on here

Comment

Before corona and regular runs I was getting about 450 ish, it’s now down to 350

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                        How do yous know it's doing a regen?
                        The rear heated rear windscreen icon apears in the top consumer menu.
                        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
                          The rear heated rear windscreen icon apears in the top consumer menu.
                          Wish mine did [emoji23]

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Wish mine did [emoji23]
                            Aye, but you've got nice wheels

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              Aye, but you've got nice wheels
                              But not as many as you! [emoji1787]

Comment

But not as many as you! [emoji1787]
                                That's true.....got another 4 coming this week

Comment

Working...
                                X