No announcement yet.

Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every time when starting the engine need to restore the radio stations. They are not saved in the system's memory.
    Also, by every restarting of the car, the android is booting from the beginning, it's takes about 50-60 sec for booting, then radio stations need to be stored again.... every time the same.
    How to solve these aspects?
    Thanks

Comment

• Sounds like the permanent live for the memory is not on the right pin.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

• Witty,

Perhaps that should be, but no idea which is the right pin.
        How to find it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tibi N View Post
          Witty,

Perhaps that should be, but no idea which is the right pin.
          How to find it?
          You’ll be able to find it on the loom by either a test meter or by wire colour. Do you have a diagram for the head unit wiring that should show which colour or pin position your after.

Comment

• Mr Wullie

Unfortunately wire diagram isn't available. Will try to find out the pins by measurments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tibi N View Post
              Mr Wullie

Unfortunately wire diagram isn't available. Will try to find out the pins by measurments.
              Put up a few pics of the head unit and wiring a few members may have had same or similar and could advise on what is what. Is the insignia the standard iso plug at the rear?

Comment

• The memorizing of radio stations was solved by swaping position for three wires on the main plug.
                Found the correct position after checking and comparing with another plug correctly installed on a Opel Corsa for a very similar infotainment system.

However the fast booting is a software restrictions in my opinion. It can be setted for fast booting only for a interval of less then 60 minutes. (Direct from "common" setings menu )

Comment

• Thanks for coming back and sharing the solution to your problem. .

This will be useful for anyone with the same problem in the future.

Would you care to show which wires you changed for future reference for anyone else that may have the same issue in the future.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

• Attached photo showing the final wires position for the 3 pins inside the red circle (white, red & black)
                    Previously it was red, white on the same row and black was located beneath red wire (there are two rows).

Comment

• Hi guys,

I am Dennis and I am from Germany. I have already clicked my way through many internet forums. But I hope to have found the right contact person for my Android system :-)
                      Shortly to my starting point, I own an Opel Insignia A Sports Tourer Cosmos 2,8 V6. The Navi 800 system was too expensive for me, so I decided to buy a Tesla style Android system. I got it from a dealer in Great Britain.
                      So far I am also satisfied with the system. But maybe someone can help me, if there is something to do against the long loading times. I try to add pictures of the operating system in the attachment. Maybe someone can tell me directly if I made a bad buy because something is system scrap?
                      If I am wrong here (my English is very bad, I work with a translator) please tell me where I am right.
                      I will also gladly provide you with all the data you need.

I would be glad about an answer from you :-)

Many greetings from a Vauxhall fan from Germany,

Dennis

Comment

• Hello Dennis , firstly your English is impeccable so no worries my end .
                        But what is the issue you are having ?
                        Dose it take a long time to boot up ?
                        Dose it happen every time you turn it on ?
                        Dose it keep all your settings and radio stations?
                        Now I will admit straight away I'm not really a techno expert , but from what I can understand from your pictures, it looks to me as though the unit is in Demo mode ,
                        But I'm sure one of the young whipper snappers on here that are ok with modern technology will blow my therory out of the water .
                        I'm still use to turning my radio on and waiting 1 Minuit for the valves to warm up !
                        10-4 radio Luxembourg!

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Hello,

thanks for your answer. Well, the system takes about a minute to boot up for me, too. Exactly the same amount of time V6 takes to cold cycle.

It happens more and more often that the system or the screen freezes as soon as the system is booted. By pressing the Home button several times I get back to the main screen at some point.

There is a wild back and forth of the screens, heating display, main menu, the player shown below in double format, a wild back and forth until the screen freezes. I can solve this by pressing the Home button several times.
                          It can take 5-10 minutes until the system is running again.

This is actually my main annoyance. Once the system is running, I wouldn't wish anything else.

The rest are small things I can handle with a China product at this price. E.g. the loudspeaker of the system stops working as soon as the sun warms up the car. Switching to the rear view camera, which feels like it takes longer than a minute, or showing the PDC on the screen.

I've completely given up setting the system to the Insignia. The most important things work, but things like automatic locking and switching on the rear wiper when reversing unfortunately don't want to go.

I like to take pictures of the main screen so you can see what software I have on it.

Thanks for reading so far

Greetings Dennis

Comment

• Tigerforce

Fast boot is a software issue. You can set the interval for fast booting up to 60 minutes, from Common, then Stand by. (see attached)
                            For any longer interval the system is going automatically to Power Off, however it's takes about 60 seconds for complete restarting in case that car is not running for more than one hour, otherwise it is starting immediately. I suppose that reason is to avoid wastage of car's battery in case of long stoppages.

You are saying that in your situation this may take up to 10 min, it's too much.

The rear camera is working immediately when you put the gear in stern position, in any situation

This Android console dedicated for Insignia is one of the best in my humble opinion, for many other Andoids the RDS feature or external temparature displaying is not available.

Comment

• Im about 24 pages deep reading through this thread haha. And havnt seen any with a similar issue, so just going to ask.

With the TS-4G units, has anybody had issues with steering wheel controls?
                              Specifically, they seem over-sensitive... I press volume up, and it goes up by 3. Same while skipping tracks, and using any other steering wheel buttons, skips between 1-3 things by pressing it once.

And any mix ups of speakers? Front Left and Rear Right are correct, Front right and Rear Right are swapped over for some reason :/

Comment

• Hi,
                                Just installed a TS-4G player too. I am having the following issues - Park Assist button does not work at all - how to fix it? Also the steering wheel song up/down button is reversed - up is down and down is up.

Comment

Working...
                                X