Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent a lot of money and waited a week for this order from Germany

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/
    Got to wait another week now. Thats bollox, pack it properly.

What is it?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hey Guest that’s very smashed, what’s it for now?

Comment

Its a front shock with flexride. That's the electrical connection, almost £375 and they broke it by packing it in a box with only paper packing and and probably throwing it about from truck to truck.
        Worst is I had the old one off before I opened the box so it all had to go back on again. Lesson learnt. Did get the offside one done though. Have to wait another week for a replacement. NCT (DOE) due in 2 weeks.

Comment

Can't picture where it is on shock

Comment

Replacement arrived. I'll collect tomorrow. I'll post a wider shot to see where it was broken. It's at the bottom of the strut, just above the 2 mounting bolts to the hub.

Comment

New shock fitted, along with the nearside driveshaft I had in the garage for the last few weeks, plus oil change for the gearbox plus intermediate shaft bearing - which was probably OK but I changed it as a precaution as I had the drive shaft off. 2.3l came out of the gearbox, way too much, 1.7l went back in. Shift is better.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                New shock fitted, along with the nearside driveshaft I had in the garage for the last few weeks, plus oil change for the gearbox plus intermediate shaft bearing - which was probably OK but I changed it as a precaution as I had the drive shaft off. 2.3l came out of the gearbox, way too much, 1.7l went back in. Shift is better.
                Hope your driveshaft oil seal doesn't fail,like it did on the red one after I swapped shafts
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  Hope your driveshaft oil seal doesn't fail,like it did on the red one after I swapped shafts
                  Positive mental thoughts. Ya, took as much care as I could taking the shaft in/out so should be OK. I polished the surface of the new shaft too to help. Was surprised how easy it is to get the shafts out, was expecting a bit more resistance. Even if I have to replace a seal I know what I'm at now.

Comment

Working...
                  X