4 Way Lumbar Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Way Lumbar Support

I've got a 2013 SRI pre facelift with the ergonomic seats and the 4 way lumbar support. I can't seem to get on at all with the lumbar support, it does move with the buttons but I just can't seem to get it to go where I want, the lumbar support in my old car felt much more comfy. I've deflated it completely and it is much more comfortable but I would just like to use the support as it's fitted! Anyone else have any issues? (Oh and I am extremely fussy with setup thead)

Join the club. Whole seat is a pain to set up. Compared to the standard seats in my old Astra J SRi. I actually sat in a car park on way home from work one night, had really bad back ache from seat. Basically I set seat at furthest point back, lowest down, no lumbar etc etc.

Moved seat forward to get leg length, then height. Then set back angle, couldn't get this right so raised front and rear tilt which changes the angle of the back rest. Readjusted height slightly then got back rest perfect after a couple of front /rear tilt adjustments. Like you I took lumbar off. But I went for it, adjusted it until there was a constant pressure covering the whole of lower back, yes it felt uncomfortable but at the same time took some of my back pain away. I drove the final 6 miles or so home, when I got home never noticed the pressure in my back from the lumbar. Couldn't believe the old position I had the seat in which I thought suited me. Now I love the seat, Really hated it with a passion until I totally changed every setting. Only time will tell but really feel at home now.
    Hope you sort it soon.
    Also in the manual, Vauxhall actually tell you how they set a seat up for driving .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I glad i'm not alone in this haha! I must say i'm incredibly fussy when it comes to set up. I've had car for a few months and really like it, problem is I only drive 5 mins to work and 5 mins back and have only done a few longer trips so I never really get the feel for it. I'm sure if i just left it and went for a long drive i'd then be happy and find something else to obsess over haha. I feel like it puts the pressure a bit low down the spine but I just can't seem to raise it to where I want it be without it going a bit odd! I think i'll bundle the kids in the back and go for a long drive at the weekend and pray they don't put crumbs everywhere

I have to say I've upgraded from a Renault Laguna, it's odd to have a car with things that actually work!!!

Comment

Took me weeks to get it set up right,but now it's spot on.Keep at it,you will get it where you like it!!
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          Took me weeks to get it set up right,but now it's spot on.Keep at it,you will get it where you like it!!
          Until the Mrs gets in. Its the only thing I miss (twice a year) from the old elite. Memory seats.

Comment

Working...
          X