2018 insignia GS alarm issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 insignia GS alarm issue

The alarm on my 2018 insignia seems to be going off randomly for no reason at all.

The hazards do not flash and I can not deactivate using key, I have to open the car door to switch the alarm off.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue on an insignia that is only 6 months old

TIA

George

Originally posted by munkie View Post
    The alarm on my 2018 insignia seems to be going off randomly for no reason at all.

The hazards do not flash and I can not deactivate using key, I have to open the car door to switch the alarm off.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue on an insignia that is only 6 months old

TIA

George
    Lad across the road has a Porsche, alarm always going off, no lights thou and he has to enter car to turn off. He said its because there is a spider in there he cant find, its setting off the internal sensors, have you tried deactivating the internal sensors to see if problem stops. Would be something to eliminate.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I did switch the internal sensors off and still no joy, it’s went off about 15 times today.

Sounds for about 30 seconds then stops for 10-20 seconds then goes off again.

My last Vauxhall insignia (62) was riddled with faults and I’m thinking this is this same since it’s already been to vauxhall for noises when turning.

Comment

Does the GS have the rear glass sensor thing, read something about it in here, think it has own fuse you can pull to eliminate. Otherwise not really up to speed with GS, not to speed with mine either .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Not sure about any other sensors but seems strange my hazards don’t flash, my key does not switch alarm off and turning internal sensors off does nothing.

I’ve pulled the fuse for now, hoping that will sort the issue but I doubt it

Comment

Update, I phoned Vauxhall today, who managed to book it in today.

I parked the car right in front of the doors, 30seconds after locking the doors the alarm went off and wouldn’t disarm like it should. so lucky for me the garage have witnessed the issue.

Will update once I know more.

Comment

Update: Yesterday I got the car back from Vauxhall, no error codes found, but checked all the wiring and came across a harness not correctly connected, after connect it up correctly, the car sat outside Vauxhall for 4hours and the alarm did not sound.

Got the car home last night and it sounded 3 times throughout the night, the neighbours are now complaining with one banging on the front door at 11pm.

So today I dropped the car back off at Vauxhall, the service staff looked a bit disapointed when I handed the keys over, I’m guessing as it’s because they knew the alarm was going to irritate them all day again.

Anyways them are linking the error to the internal sensors malfunctioning and have ordered a new one, I have my doubts as I turned off the internal sensors as a process of illimination and the alarm still sounded.

Comment

Update: New interior sensor fitted and the alarm never sounded once, drive car home as soon as I stick my key in the front door of the house, the alarm goes off for almost 30mins and could not disarm at all

Back again I go tomorrow

Comment

Not had this myself but think i know what could be causing the problem.......................YOU NEED TO MOVE HOUSE
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                    Not had this myself but think i know what could be causing the problem.......................YOU NEED TO MOVE HOUSE
                    That would only solve half of the issues.

It happens no matter where I park.

Last night I had the doors wide open, pulled out the fuse and pressing buttons on the key and the alarm still wouldn’t shut up😡

Comment

Sounds like a faulty power sounder like i had on an omega once

Comment

Pulling the fuses will not turn off the alarm as I think it has its own back up battery to keep it going.
                        There maybe a voltage drain on the car battery to keep making the alarm go off. Ask them to check for any voltage drop when the vehicle is turned off and locked. Think they may find the problem then.
                        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

The dealers have still not found the issue, car has been with the dealers since last Monday, even Vauxhall technical are not sure what the issue is.

I really regret buying an other insignia, I’ve had it 2 months and in total the car has spent almost 2 weeks in the garage for various reasons. Not what I expected when buying a 2018 GS

Comment

You may have to consider rejecting the car if they can't sort it out
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by munkie View Post
                              The dealers have still not found the issue, car has been with the dealers since last Monday, even Vauxhall technical are not sure what the issue is.

I really regret buying an other insignia, I’ve had it 2 months and in total the car has spent almost 2 weeks in the garage for various reasons. Not what I expected when buying a 2018 GS
                              I know on prefaces the tpms was connected with the alarm (who knows how or why) and someone on here had the same issue with the alarm.

It turned out to be the tpms module setting off the alarm maybe water ingress or something.

No idea if it's still the case on Grand Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X