i,m confused with my lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i,m confused with my lights

I read on here about auto dip headlights but I cannot make them work much to the annoyance of oncoming traffic, the car has cornering lights where main beam turns and one lower light comes on when turning, its a euro 6 late 2015 elite. any ideas? below should show a head light and the lighting options screen NOTICE there is nothing highlighting which option is selected!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0653.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	248891Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0652.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	248892

I have a 2014 Elite and IIRC you press the stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel away from you twice when travelling over 25mph . That should highlight the auto headlights in the dash screen. Green icon with an A

If my info isn't correct, you could always RTFM
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      I have a 2014 Elite and IIRC you press the stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel away from you twice when travelling over 25mph . That should highlight the auto headlights in the dash screen. Green icon with an A

If my info isn't correct, you could always RTFM
      Yep thats what it says in manual but all it does if put high beam on and upon second press switch back to low beam, there is only two positions on stalk. any thoughts on why the options screen shows "Off", "corner and bend" and "intelligent" but none are highlighted or get highlighted if one tries to select any?

Comment

Have you got the lights set to automatically come on? Not sure if this makes a difference or not

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
          Have you got the lights set to automatically come on? Not sure if this makes a difference or not
          Yep set on Auto and if the engine started while dark they move in all directions until they get comfortable "bit like the mrs"

Comment

As 0011728 has said, you need to do it twice in succession and very rapid so as to activate it.
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Will give it another try but quicker, I read somewhere that it would be listed as on/off option on lighting screen which I don't see (was hoping it was just switched off).

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                you need to do it twice in succession and very rapid so as to activate it.
                was just not being quick enough but tis understandable at my age

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                    was just not being quick enough but tis understandable at my age
                    https://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                    X