No announcement yet.

Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was supposed to b going to cornwall in may half term for the wife's and youngest's birthdays (2 b'days on 2 days).

website still doesn't give any info unless your planning to arrive on or before 22nd may, but we've had the option to transfer it to another date and have an e-voucher for the cost so we've booked the same park for next years may half term but put a bit extra to it to get a higher spec caravan

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
      Had to cancel last years holiday to Tenerife in December, firstly Thomas cook went bust, received a refund then had to cancel with jet 2 due to health reasons, although this has been transferred to December this year

I am booked up with tui to go to Mexico on the 6th of September , its starting to look a bit unlikely now

Has anyone else had to cancel holidays, or thinking there upcoming holiday maybe cancelled
      It is our first year or retirement so had lots booked. 2 short Cruises, a week in Crete and a month in the USA in October coming back on the Queen Mary 2.

The cruises and Crete were cancelled at the start. Fred Olsen have fully refunded no problem.

Crete was with Loveholidays, what a shambles. First they said we could only have a voucher. They now say we can have a refund for the hotel some time in the distant future. They say we have to contact Easyjet direct for a refund which is Boll*cks. It was a package holiday so they are legally responsible for a full refund. They now say due to data protection they can't contact Easyjet to request the refund on my behalf. Funny they managed to contact them in the first place to book the flight, what a bunch of chancers. I did go through the Easyjet website which after several selections tells me that as I didn't book the flight with them, so need to contact my travel agent (who is Loveholidays). I have gone through the Resolver website to complain so everything is tracked and I have just escalated to their CEO. Next step is the Ombudsman, then the small claims court probably.

Santander is no better. I went through their website to ask about claiming on my credit card and they advise you to use their chat feature. This is just a dumb computer bot that says I need to phone. When you phone they tell you to use their chat function on the website and can't get any further.

USA in October is looking less likely as well at the moment. The big issue with that is I pre-booked at a cheaper rate for the hotels myself without a possibility to alter the dates. Hopefully they will be understanding and let me move them when it comes to it.

Guess I will be getting the caravan hooked up as this year's holiday, but not allowed in Scotland, Wales or N.I.

Comment

We hadn't booked much this year which is unusual for us. The only thing we had booked was 3 weeks in Cornwall in August. That was with our caravan and the sites are all closed understandably. It remains booked but as we don't pay until we arrive there's no loss in leaving it that way, though looking ever more doubtful that we will go. Next year we were hoping on a round Europe road trip again, but we'll wait and see on that as well.

Comment

Comment

Next weekend I was meant to be going down to Nuneaton to get a reversing camera fitted to my car. Got an email this morning to say they are open again and was I still coming down. Well, no unfortunately as we are still in lockdown up her, so hoping to go in June sometime if Sturgeon allows us over the border!
            I was booked to go up north to a caravan on the 22nd May. But that is obviously cancelled as well. Last years holiday cost quite a lot so didn't want an expensive holiday abroad.

I'm glad I wasn't booked to go to Chernobyl this year. Everything was booked separately and would have been a nightmare getting refunds, especially the Ukrainian taxi company!
            I was going to go back next year but doubt that will even be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
              Next weekend I was meant to be going down to Nuneaton to get a reversing camera fitted to my car. Got an email this morning to say they are open again and was I still coming down. Well, no unfortunately as we are still in lockdown up her, so hoping to go in June sometime if Sturgeon allows us over the border!
              I was booked to go up north to a caravan on the 22nd May. But that is obviously cancelled as well. Last years holiday cost quite a lot so didn't want an expensive holiday abroad.

I'm glad I wasn't booked to go to Chernobyl this year. Everything was booked separately and would have been a nightmare getting refunds, especially the Ukrainian taxi company!
              I was going to go back next year but doubt that will even be possible.
              Chernobyl...….you after going bald and toothless too
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Chernobyl...….you after going bald and toothless too
                its a hell of a lot safer than the UK just now! at least i would be the only one there!

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
                  its a hell of a lot safer than the UK just now! at least i would be the only one there!
                  my mrs would love to go,,,but not for me
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    my mrs would love to go,,,but not for me
                    Yes I had a limited choice of people that would go with me. It turned out only 1 would go. I would have went myself but the minimum for a private tour was 2, so someone had to be persuaded

Comment

Working...
                    X