New rubber and TPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rubber and TPMS

Getting four new tyres 2mrw. Looking at the TPMS re-learn process in the owners manual, came across this paragraph:

"Each time the tyres are replaced tyre pressure monitoring system sensors must be dismounted and serviced. For the screwed sensor replace valve core and sealing ring, for clipped sensor replace complete valve stem."

Never had this done on two previous facelift models, so is it specific to the Insignia B and something the tyre place should be doing or do I just get the tyres fitted and that's it?

Thanks guys
    Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Originally posted by GTR View Post
    Getting four new tyres 2mrw. Looking at the TPMS re-learn process in the owners manual, came across this paragraph:

"Each time the tyres are replaced tyre pressure monitoring system sensors must be dismounted and serviced. For the screwed sensor replace valve core and sealing ring, for clipped sensor replace complete valve stem."

Never had this done on two previous facelift models, so is it specific to the Insignia B and something the tyre place should be doing or do I just get the tyres fitted and that's it?

Thanks guys
    Same for all tpms, tyre Place will have a reset tool, valves and stem shouldn't need replacing.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks Matt.

Comment

The valves on my insignia B are different to the ones on my facelift. On the facelift they were metal bolted on ones. On the B they just look like rubber valves. I'll find out on Tuesday because mine is going in to have the wheels stripped back and powder coated black.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Panic over . Tyres fitted, TPMS valves not touched and system relearnt within 5 minutes of driving. In fact, three of the tyres were showing 38psi before I drove off but the fourth was at 67psi.
          Happy days and will see if the Landsails live up to their reputation.

Comment

Hi Marko301 did you get your wheels powder coated black? if so how do they look
            millar69er
            Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            The valves on my insignia B are different to the ones on my facelift. On the facelift they were metal bolted on ones. On the B they just look like rubber valves. I'll find out on Tuesday because mine is going in to have the wheels stripped back and powder coated black.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
              Panic over . Tyres fitted, TPMS valves not touched and system relearnt within 5 minutes of driving. In fact, three of the tyres were showing 38psi before I drove off but the fourth was at 67psi.
              Happy days and will see if the Landsails live up to their reputation.
              Excellent panics over all these new car techs make people worry.

I vouch for Landsail, can't go wrong. They are the only tyres i go for now.

Comment

Originally posted by millar69er View Post
                millar69er
                Here is Mark's thread

Comment

Originally posted by millar69er View Post
                  millar69er
                  Aye all done. Pics on the thread Ray posted above.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

thanks for link SRIRAY

Comment

they look brilliant Marko301
                      Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      Aye all done. Pics on the thread Ray posted above.

Comment

Working...
                      X