Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing TPMS sensors

Hi,
    New member and my first post but I'm diving in head first here....

I've had the Insignia about two years and I love the car, It's a 12 plate 2.0 CDTi Elite

When I bought the car I got given a set of nice looking metal dust caps with the VX logo on them so I put them on the car then forgot about them. Recently when checking the TPMS on the dash I thought I'd like to get a tiny bit of air in one to bring it in line with the others but to my dismay when I turned the cap off it sheared the valve off and the tyre went down quickly.

My local tyre fitter wanted an arm a leg and some teeth to replace it (actually about £130) so I just had a standard valve fitted for now. I have got two more of the stupid caps off but one resists and I don't want to force it until I have a solution.

Anyway, can I just buy any set of TPMS sensors from the internet (obviously with the same part number) and will they re-learn as they should?

I was hoping to buy four from here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Tire...25.m3641.l6368

Will these work? I am hoping to only put in two and keep two as spares.

Thanks in advance for any help.

George

Could you not just get one of these?

Comment

Sadly mine appears to be one piece...

Comment

Can anyone help me with this?

Comment

Hi

I can't help with the new sensor but you might be able to save the second stuck one if you can get some wd-40 worked in it. Also if you can get some heat on the end you might be able to get it to move without it breaking the valve. Slowly pouring boiling water over it might help.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

[QUOTEI was hoping to buy four from here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Tire...25.m3641.l6368

Will these work? I am hoping to only put in two and keep two as spares.[/QUOTE]

Buy cheap buy twice is my view.

Proper sensors about £38 each https://www.tpmscentre.co.uk/collect...or-433mhz-s025
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Hi

I can't help with the new sensor but you might be able to save the second stuck one if you can get some wd-40 worked in it. Also if you can get some heat on the end you might be able to get it to move without it breaking the valve. Slowly pouring boiling water over it might help.
              Originally posted by 0011728 View Post

Buy cheap buy twice is my view.

Proper sensors about £38 each https://www.tpmscentre.co.uk/collect...or-433mhz-s025
              I'll try the heat (boiling water) idea, I do have a very small blowtorch that is used for shrink wrap on wires, if I'm careful and pass that over the end it might just heat it up enough.

Thanks for the link to the sensors, I'll definitely buy them from there once I know if I need one or two....

cheers guys.

George

Comment

And don't forget to steer clear of the metal dust caps as they react with the valves and fuse
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                  And don't forget to steer clear of the metal dust caps as they react with the valves and fuse
                  Yeah I have had my fingers seriously burnt with them this time.... never again... if I had given a few minutes thought when I put them on then it might have occurred to me that this might happen. Homer Simpson momentthead

Comment

Working...
                  X