X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

Hi guys
    I'm pretty new to here.
    I'm looking for some advice on what or how or who to go to I've got a 2.0 cdti 4x4 bi turbo insignia it's quick but just want more I'm after a new exhaust and maybe remap I've been a couple of garages and there quoting me like a £1000 for both. (Is this good?)

There wanting like £600 Just for the dpf to rear pipe as is got dual pipes.

Mechanically the exhaust is fine but artistically is rubbish full of surface rust as you'd expect with a 5 year old Vauxhall.

You can get it mapped to a safe 240/245 ,by software alone
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

And they're trying to have your pants down,asking for a grand for exhaust and remap !
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

That sort of output would be awesome for the family wagon but prices for just mapping seem to be ridiculously high

Comment

I know Its high but don't seem to be anywhere in my area prepared to do it less

Comment

About 300 for a remap,and 250/300 for a stainless,twin exit exhaust is about the norm

Comment

I'm getting 300 remap but 3 garages all said 500-600 exhaust n pd gough said they'd get back to me but didn't

Comment

£300 for a remap sounds about right.
                To give you an idea mine is a petrol and i paid £500 for a catback dual system with 3 boxes, so my exhaust work, starts from the middle of the car. Yours is from the front of the engine just after the dpf, so its practically a whole stainless system you getting (excluding manifold & dpf). I say the price is quite fair.
                Plus you can sell you old dual system.

It really depends on what you want, if you are after a larger rear exit for looks then get a new tailpipe fitted it be much cheaper.
                This member here has brought my old factory dual exhaust and fitted it to replace his single

He later change the exit to bigger ones
                Last edited by sriray; 19-06-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I was completely ok with the mapping costs like I say I honestly just thought the price for the exhaust was a lot as all it is essentially is a 5 ft price of stainless tube that splits into 2 boxes and end tips.

I'm going to get my wife to phone round this week get some more prices.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhiteyBi.T View Post
                    I was completely ok with the mapping costs like I say I honestly just thought the price for the exhaust was a lot as all it is essentially is a 5 ft price of stainless tube that splits into 2 boxes and end tips.

I'm going to get my wife to phone round this week get some more prices.
                    You won't need boxes on yours, so it stainless piping all the way through to the exits.

Comment

That makes it seem even more expensive

Comment

mines isn't a biturbo but I paid £200 for mine and its only pipes

Comment

I was thinking at first maybe 350 400 max as 5 years ago I had a stainless system on my zafy car quad pipes no boxes manifold to tips 500

Comment

heres mine buddy

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhiteyBi.T View Post
                              I was thinking at first maybe 350 400 max as 5 years ago I had a stainless system on my zafy car quad pipes no boxes manifold to tips 500
                              Yeah i questioned that when i had mine down, i rang a few places, apparently steel prices has risen in those years so brought up the prices. People use to have full turboback done for £400.

Comment

Working...
                              X