Just clocked 250,000kms - 155000miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just clocked 250,000kms - 155000miles

To celebrate this milestone my trusty steed decided to throw a wobbler and show an "oil level low - top up oil" message. We all know this is not something you like to see driving at 120kms/hr on the M6 but when you've just checked all fluids/pressures the previous day and only done a service a few weeks ago and having pulled over at the next junction and oil is fine. Then I'm a bit annoyed as the bloody sensor is in the sump which I had off only a few months ago. Looks like I may have to put up with this rather annoying message for a while to come. Trying my patience. Grrrrr.

Originally posted by buttons View Post
    To celebrate this milestone my trusty steed decided to throw a wobbler and show an "oil level low - top up oil" message. We all know this is not something you like to see driving at 120kms/hr on the M6 but when you've just checked all fluids/pressures the previous day and only done a service a few weeks ago and having pulled over at the next junction and oil is fine. Then I'm a bit annoyed as the bloody sensor is in the sump which I had off only a few months ago. Looks like I may have to put up with this rather annoying message for a while to come. Trying my patience. Grrrrr.
    Is this the cdti engine with the common oil pick up seal gone.
    If so , don't drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
      Is this the cdti engine with the common oil pick up seal gone.
      If so , don't drive it.
      No, sure 'buttons' had his replaced.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
        No, sure 'buttons' had his replaced.
        He did
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yes replaced a few months back, I'd have changed the oil level sensor too if I knew this was going to happen. Obviously. Not going to take the sump off again for this. It is a Vauxhall so it might fix itself. I was going to say they're probably piss cheap but after a quick look they're £60 - £70. I note too its a 'sensor, minimum oil level' so a flush at the next service might free it up if its sticking? Its only happened on the motorway to date. I've checked the oil level a few times since and the level is definitely OK.

Comment

Working...
          X