Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alarm going off . possible electric drain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm going off . possible electric drain.

Hi I've got automatic 2015 Insignia

Alarm keeps going off.

Bought a new car battery made no difference. But today I noticed after 30 seconds lights on steering wheel go off, p parking light on dash goes off the red alarm light in centre of dash starts flashing just as they all should, but after 5 seconds the lights on steering wheel and the p parking brake light come back on hence a drain on battery setting off alarm. Any ideas please

Try disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins, sometimes this can solve quite a few electrical gremlins.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

The only thing that I've heard of before is the TPMS ecu has gone faulty. It keeps setting the alarm off.

Comment

You haven't added anything new to the car like an aftermarket android system have you?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ok i will try that.

Comment

I did have an issue in August to October with one always showing blank. Since then its been fine.

Comment

Added nothing at all. Owned since April.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                Try disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins, sometimes this can solve quite a few electrical gremlins.
                Left it for 1 hour. Still had the parking light come back on dash 😡.

No alarm yet been 5 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage View Post
                  Left it for 1 hour. Still had the parking light come back on dash ��.

No alarm yet been 5 minutes
                  Well hopefully it has solved one problem.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

It seems when I lock the car with one push of remote the light on dash and steering wheel come on. When I double press remote the lights don't come on. Unfortunately the alarm still went off today.

I think this is unfixable without spending money and hoping that it doesn't sound off again.

I think the only way to "fix" is to disconnect the power sounder alarm.

Can anyone confirm its location is in the wheel arch and is disconnecting easy and won't show up any faults.

Comment

Disconnect the tpms ecu. It should be on the rear bumper (right hand side) if you can reach your hand around.

Its only a small plug.

Comment

Ok I have currently disconnected battery. I will do this later to test. I can live without the tpms

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage View Post
                          Ok I have currently disconnected battery. I will do this later to test. I can live without the tpms
                          Water could have got in it, if it does cure it. You'll need to buy a new ecu (if you want to)

Comment

I think if you disconnect the alarm power sounder, it will then use the car horn when the alarm goes off.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              Water could have got in it, if it does cure it. You'll need to buy a new ecu (if you want to)
                              Won't he need tpms for mot?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                              X