Fault with one of my other motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault with one of my other motors

Hi guys [emoji112] not insignia related, I’ve got a transit recovery truck. And here’s a question for the electrical savvy / electricians.. now.. I’ve bought one of these fancy sat Nav radio systems for the truck. Wired it all in as correct as I can see. Now when I have one speaker connected all is well. As soon as I connect the other speaker the sound keeps cutting in and out, disconnect the second speaker and all works fine.. I can’t get to the bottom of it and it’s chewing my head.... any help is much appreciated guys [emoji106]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Have you tried to connect the 2nd speaker on its own without the 1st connected? It could be a simply wiring / connector issue.
    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

I’ve tried one at a time with both speakers, only one will work properly at a time but as soon as there’s two connected it goes weird sound on and off

Comment

I'd check to see if the sat nav is a mono one.

I've seen a few advertised and they only have mono output for the satnav.

Comment

What is mono please mate?

Comment

Monochrome (i.e. not colour)?
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
              What is mono please mate?

Audio works with 2 systems - mono and stereo.

Mono - 1 channel.....so it'll only give sound through one speaker.

Stereo - 2 or more channels......it'll come through numerous speakers

Comment

Not sure but he probably means mono/stereo? Worth a try, could it be the polarity isn't right on the second speaker?

Comment

It’s the music it won’t work properly with too. Radio cd iPod etc.. it’s all fine on just the one.. it’s made by erisin If this helps. I’ve had enough of it one speaker isn’t enough [emoji23]

Comment

It’s the music it won’t work properly with too. Radio cd iPod etc.. it’s all fine on just the one.. it’s made by erisin If this helps. I’ve had enough of it one speaker isn’t enough [emoji23]

Less likely but could also be underpowered for the speakers

Comment

Not being funny....check the settings..... balance, fader etc??

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        Not being funny....check the settings..... balance, fader etc??
                        Tried it mate. Makes no difference [emoji20]

Comment

I would send email to erisin (link below) could be faulty unit.

Comment

Can you a picture up of your wiring/back of head unit?

Comment

Working...
                            X