Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift model details

Hi
    I don't suppose anyone has any solid info about what trim levels and engines/gearboxes are going be available when the Insignia facelift arrives?

I have tried asking a couple of dealers, but they know nothing. (This is normal, if the question is about anything other than PCP on a Corsa!)

There was a bit of info put out through the motor press earlier about new engines a few new bits of tech, but nothing much, and launch date was supposed to be in February.

Just frustrated, waiting for the configurator to be updated, or stumbling across a new Prices & Spec pdf thead

Not exactly what you're looking for but keep an eye out here:
    https://int-media.opel.com/en/12-04-...k=b04c4bbb7814

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      Not exactly what you're looking for but keep an eye out here:
      https://int-media.opel.com/en/12-04-...k=b04c4bbb7814
      Thanks
      I guess this is the opel.com worldwide site. They talk about ST being available in the new guise, but I'm pretty sure, for right hand drive markets like Ireland and the UK, there will be no Sports Tourer.
      I believe the only diesel at launch will be the new 3 cylinder diesel (which I think is OK/interesting), but only manual (which I'm not sure I could live with).

First details of the 2020 facelift of the Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport reveal sleeker front styling and more safety kit and driver tech
      Last edited by PeterM; 23-02-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere they would be available to order from March. So they must be on the configurator soon. I have my doubts about the Tourer but who knows. Jag dropped the XF estate then a couple of years later resurrected it with the new model. I think PSA just want to sort the best sellers first and grow things from there. That's what I hope anyway, I have had 5 Vauxhall estates in succession now, 2 Vec Bs, 1 Vec C, an Insignia A and now B. If they keep making them I'll keep buying them! I don't want an SUV.

Comment

OK. Hopefully the configurator will be updated soon. But I think the writings on the wall for the ST. I heard that Vauxhall/PSA believed most people were happy to downsize to an Astra for an estate. I had a '66 Astra 1.6 auto Astra ST Elite and it was very good. Def underrated.
          It lacks a bit of presence, but I would consider one. (I'm after super mpg if I change). Problem is they have stripped out that car too!!
          Astra ST will only be available up to SRI level and impossible to get options like full ergo seats for Driver and Passenger, Bose or other higher level bits. The Astra ST is not even on the configurator. Its hidden away in 'Fleet' with the vans etc.

Comment

If you are buying brand new through a Vx dealer you should be able to get a "special build" with the requested options providing they are available for the car. The dealer would need to contact Vauxhall head office to verify they can build it with the options. Vx are very good like that. I did it when I purchased my 2011 Elite Ecoflex which I wanted with flexride but wasn't an option
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM View Post
              OK. Hopefully the configurator will be updated soon. But I think the writings on the wall for the ST. I heard that Vauxhall/PSA believed most people were happy to downsize to an Astra for an estate. I had a '66 Astra 1.6 auto Astra ST Elite and it was very good. Def underrated.
              It lacks a bit of presence, but I would consider one. (I'm after super mpg if I change). Problem is they have stripped out that car too!!
              Astra ST will only be available up to SRI level and impossible to get options like full ergo seats for Driver and Passenger, Bose or other higher level bits. The Astra ST is not even on the configurator. Its hidden away in 'Fleet' with the vans etc.
              I know what you mean, my dad has the 1.5t Elite Astra ST but for me I need the bigger car because I tow. My caravan is almost a ton and a half laden which was why the Vec and last Insignia tourer were very good tugs. This one although lighter is still very good (the best) but an Astra would be too light. I would reluctantly have to look elsewhere!

Comment

I'd struggle with anything smaller than the Insignia ST due to the dogs travel cage that i have in the boot, wouldnt fit in the Astra i dont think.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  I'd struggle with anything smaller than the Insignia ST due to the dogs travel cage that i have in the boot, wouldnt fit in the Astra i dont think.
                  Hi. There is not much of difference in the load area, actually, the load height on an Astra ST is more than an Insignia A. (I know cos I had a large dog crate and used it in both).

But yes, I think the current Insignia is bigger.

Comment

Hi. There is not much of difference in the load area, actually, the load height on an Astra ST is more than an Insignia A. (I know cos I had a large dog crate and used it in both).

But yes, I think the current Insignia is bigger.
                    Quick google suggests the same size in terms of measuring it as litres but i suspect its the shape that could be the issue. The cage we have can be adjusted length ways and i had to shorten it slightly when i swapped from the pre-facelift ST i had to the GS Tourer i have now. I cant really shorten it any more as the dog wouldnt then fit in it. I'm not sure the boot in the Astra will be as deep. If it is then the size in the cabin cant be great which then brings issues with the little one in her car seat and the passenger seat being in a place which means the passenger is comfy rather than sat up against the dash but the little one cant use the back of the seat as a door mat for her dirty shoes. She has a Joie 360 Spin seat which because it spins making it easier to get her in and out means its quite a deep seat so she is sat a fair few cms away from the back seat if that makes sense.

We only have the two of us, 2yr old and the dog but its amazing even how just for a short break away how much stuff needs to be taken or even just a day trip. We popped over to Scarborough yesterday for the day, now the drive over was much better in the diesel Insignia hire car i have currently than when we had to go in the other halfs Astra last time but with having to take the dog, pushchair, coats, wellies etc the boot in a hatchback just doesnt work. Had disassemble the iCandy Peach Jogger pushchair we have then use a few bungee cords to strap the main part to the back of the back seat then a couple of others to strap the seat and wheels in a carrier bag to one side and leave room for the dog. In my car with the dog cage it leaves half of the boot free to load up with no worries about things falling on the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                      Quick google suggests the same size in terms of measuring it as litres but i suspect its the shape that could be the issue. The cage we have can be adjusted length ways and i had to shorten it slightly when i swapped from the pre-facelift ST i had to the GS Tourer i have now. I cant really shorten it any more as the dog wouldnt then fit in it. I'm not sure the boot in the Astra will be as deep. If it is then the size in the cabin cant be great which then brings issues with the little one in her car seat and the passenger seat being in a place which means the passenger is comfy rather than sat up against the dash but the little one cant use the back of the seat as a door mat for her dirty shoes. She has a Joie 360 Spin seat which because it spins making it easier to get her in and out means its quite a deep seat so she is sat a fair few cms away from the back seat if that makes sense.

We only have the two of us, 2yr old and the dog but its amazing even how just for a short break away how much stuff needs to be taken or even just a day trip. We popped over to Scarborough yesterday for the day, now the drive over was much better in the diesel Insignia hire car i have currently than when we had to go in the other halfs Astra last time but with having to take the dog, pushchair, coats, wellies etc the boot in a hatchback just doesnt work. Had disassemble the iCandy Peach Jogger pushchair we have then use a few bungee cords to strap the main part to the back of the back seat then a couple of others to strap the seat and wheels in a carrier bag to one side and leave room for the dog. In my car with the dog cage it leaves half of the boot free to load up with no worries about things falling on the dog.
                      Yes your right, although its a very good estate, with a good load area the Astra is going to be a more claustrophobic experience then the Insignia. Plus the Astra is not quite as refined and lacks some road 'presence'. Personally I would still consider one if only they had not binned the higher level options on the ST.

The new Combo Life is the car to have for space and cubby-spaces. I have considered one, ...usually very late in the evenings, on the ipad ) Avoid red I guess, or your mistaken for a postman!
                      Discover the Astra Hatchback's sporty handling, quality features and advanced connectivity.

Comment

Yes your right, although its a very good estate, with a good load area the Astra is going to be a more claustrophobic experience then the Insignia. Plus the Astra is not quite as refined and lacks some road 'presence'. Personally I would still consider one if only they had not binned the higher level options on the ST.

The new Combo Life is the car to have for space and cubby-spaces. I have considered one, ...usually very late in the evenings, on the ipad ) Avoid red I guess, or your mistaken for a postman!
                        https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/cars/comb...-overview.html
                        It will be a while before we are changing this current Insignia to be honest so i'll see whats about when we do but i doubt i will bring myself to drive one of those things!!

Comment

Working...
                        X