De chroming time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De chroming time!

Had the car a few month now and the chrome is starting to really bug me if I'm honest! [emoji23][emoji23] some people might slate me for that but hey ho! IM thinking of doing the front grill plus badge and also the spot light surrounds.
    The chrome strip above the windows Is something Iv thought about but not quite sure yet! And also the rear badge so........ PLEASE POST PICTURES OF YOUR DE CHROMED INSIGNIA'S!! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Let me be the first to slate you. I prefer them to have some chrome for contrast. But each to their own.....I'm sure Blue Peter ( PeteH ) will be along shortly to give you his sticky black plastic advice.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
      Had the car a few month now and the chrome is starting to really bug me if I'm honest! [emoji23][emoji23] some people might slate me for that but hey ho! IM thinking of doing the front grill plus badge and also the spot light surrounds.
      The chrome strip above the windows Is something Iv thought about but not quite sure yet! And also the rear badge so........ PLEASE POST PICTURES OF YOUR DE CHROMED INSIGNIA'S!! [emoji1360][emoji1360]
      Thought for a minute you was saying chrome cleaner needed so as to give it good polish.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Let me be the first to slate you. I prefer them to have some chrome for contrast. But each to their own.....I'm sure Blue Peter ( PeteH ) will be along shortly to give you his sticky black plastic advice.
        Thanks for that, marko301.
        You've seen my de-chromed grille and fog lamps in the flesh at Rother Valley, Shane, but here's a reminder for you:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190923_141709.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	243841
        I kept the badge chrome, as I think it needs some contrast, although I do wonder how it would look with a red background?
        I thought you'd de-badged your tailgate? In which case, it's only the gryphon that remains chrome. You could try spraying it I guess, it will peel off easily if you decide you don't like it. I'd stay away from the sticky back plastic, though, too many contours (and we'd never hear the end of it from Marko!)
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          You've seen my de-chromed grille and fog lamps in the flesh at Rother Valley, Shane, but here's a reminder for you:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2552[/ATTACH]
          I kept the badge chrome, as I think it needs some contrast, although I do wonder how it would look with a red background?
          I thought you'd de-badged your tailgate? In which case, it's only the gryphon that remains chrome. You could try spraying it I guess, it will peel off easily if you decide you don't like it. I'd stay away from the sticky back plastic, though, too many contours (and we'd never hear the end of it from Marko!)
          Its GRIFFIN Pete......ffs

Comment

Found this on Google:
            Gryphon is an alternative form of griffin.
            As nouns the difference between gryphon and griffin is that gryphon is (griffin) while griffin is a mythical beast having the body of a lion and the wings and head of an eagle.

So gryphon is (griffin)..???
            Last edited by PeteH; 26-10-2019, 02:19 PM.
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yeah Pete that's right yeah I remember now! That's what Iv got its the K2 gloss black off eBay

Comment

I used Frost liquid vinyl for the grille 'wings', and vinyl wrap off eBay for the fog lights. Isn't your grille surround chrome too? May need to spray that.
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Found this on Google:
                  Gryphon is an alternative form of griffin.
                  As nouns the difference between gryphon and griffin is that gryphon is (griffin) while griffin is a mythical beast having the body of a lion and the wings and head of an eagle.

So gryphon is (griffin)..???
                  Well.......maybe you should contact the big bosses at VX and get them to rewrite their history.

As since Vauxhall started, their emblem was a GRIFFIN......not a GRYPHON.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Well.......maybe you should contact the big bosses at VX and get them to rewrite their history.

As since Vauxhall started, their emblem was a GRIFFIN......not a GRYPHON.
                    Maybe it's a Scottish thing, y'know, the way they spell 'whiskey' wrong
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Maybe it's a Scottish thing, y'know, the way they spell 'whiskey' wrong
                      I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Comment

I've had a little play and this is what it will look like with a red background

I've also done you a personalised Griffin
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hmmm, a tricky choice, but I think I'll stick with the black - now there's something you never thought you'd hear me say
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Yay! I'm back in it
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191026_164629.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	243842
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Yay! I'm back in it
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2557[/ATTACH]
                              Wasn't me.....another admins handywork, that

Comment

Working...
                              X