Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy S8 and Audio Connection

Hello,

I recently went from an iPhone 6s to a Samsung Galaxy S8. My car is a 2013 pre-facelift with no bluetooth connection. It just has aux and USB as inputs. My iPhone used to work find with the USB however when I plug in the Samsung, it says "No supported data found. You can safely disconnect the device".

Anyone know how to solve this (other than aux) or anyone has this before?

Thanks
    Ross

Originally posted by DeshiUK View Post
    Hello,

I recently went from an iPhone 6s to a Samsung Galaxy S8. My car is a 2013 pre-facelift with no bluetooth connection. It just has aux and USB as inputs. My iPhone used to work find with the USB however when I plug in the Samsung, it says "No supported data found. You can safely disconnect the device".

Anyone know how to solve this (other than aux) or anyone has this before?

Thanks
    Ross
    Is a software update required in your car to support the latest android?

Comment

Maybe? Can I do this myself or do I need to pear dealer handsomely?

Comment

nothing wrong with the car or the phone, the car has an "iphone/ipod dock" via the usb which does not support other platforms like android/windows etc
        the usb on the prefacelift is only got apple devices or usb storage devices
        the aux can be used for everything else

i went from and iphone to samsung aswel and it's one of the features i miss as i cant control my music off the steering controls

Comment

Oh, damn. Anyone ever tried anything like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CMBKR..._t1_B00V0D4O44

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
            nothing wrong with the car or the phone, the car has an "iphone/ipod dock" via the usb which does not support other platforms like android/windows etc
            the usb on the prefacelift is only got apple devices or usb storage devices
            the aux can be used for everything else

i went from and iphone to samsung aswel and it's one of the features i miss as i cant control my music off the steering controls
            The facelift from 2015 have android auto and Apple CarPlay I don’t know about earlier models though so go with what others say, you can get an android head unit which fits, i think several people have done just that on earlier models to solve the problem [emoji3]

Comment

I disagree that it only supports Apple... A mate of mine got a pre facelift and uss the USB for music on his S8.. I use music on my facelift with an s8 aswell if I have to charge the phone at the same time as music..

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
                I disagree that it only supports Apple... A mate of mine got a pre facelift and uss the USB for music on his S8.. I use music on my facelift with an s8 aswell if I have to charge the phone at the same time as music..
                Never heard this before. Can you find out how its done?

Comment

When I see him next week I will find out whaat software he is on

Comment

My facelift Insignia with R400 radio couldn't see the music on my Samsung S7 via USB

Comment

Originally posted by mrgubby View Post
                      My facelift Insignia with R400 radio couldn't see the music on my Samsung S7 via USB
                      M8 get an iPhone they work with all modern cars [emoji20]

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
                        M8 get an iPhone they work with all modern cars [emoji20]
                        I prefer my S7 and this

Comment

I prefer my S7 and this

Which android unit is that.

Been looking for one for mine but most of them say up to 2013..mines a 2017

Jonny
                          Jonny
                          Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by jonathaneuk View Post
                            Which android unit is that.

Been looking for one for mine but most of them say up to 2013..mines a 2017

Jonny
                            I got mine from IceboxAutos

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-i...ndroid-7-h5548

And a good thread to look through

Comment

Thanks mate.

I bought one for my Astra J before. Was spot on too!...few little niggly things. But soon sorted it out and tweaked it.. Was the M072 unit android 6.0

Jonny
                              Jonny
                              Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X