Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive battery to Amp

Good day Siggie drivers,

Can somebody explain to me (with pics if possible) were to go inside the car to get the positive from the battery to inside the car?

Thanks!!

Nobody who fitted a positive wire from the battery to the boot?

Comment

Take out the glovebox,there's a rubber grommet in the bulkhead,,feed your cable through there
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hello Exclusiv, What is a Bulkhead?

Comment

The firewall between engine compartment and the cabin
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks Exclusiv, Already looked a lot behind the glovebox, couldn’t find anything. Maybe the european version of the Insignia are different? I will take a good look again.

Comment

Maybe on the other side with yours having steering wheel on wrong side ,,,check just above the pedals

Comment

will do.

Comment

Trying to find a good way through, found this behind the glovebox:

Comes out in the engine bay here:

The grommet is thick rubber and I'm nervous of going through it in case I damage one of the wires in that huge loom that goes through it.

What's the best way of getting through the thick rubber? I'm thinking of going through where the red X is.

Push a soldering iron through?
                  Drill?
                  Or is there a better grommet I can find somewhere that's lower risk?

Comment

Originally posted by asktoby View Post
                    Trying to find a good way through, found this behind the glovebox:

Comes out in the engine bay here:

The grommet is thick rubber and I'm nervous of going through it in case I damage one of the wires in that huge loom that goes through it.

What's the best way of getting through the thick rubber? I'm thinking of going through where the red X is.

Push a soldering iron through?
                    Drill?
                    Or is there a better grommet I can find somewhere that's lower risk?
                    Yeah that's the big grommet. I used a small screw driver then a big one to increase the hole size. Just do it slow and try not to catch any cables

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                      will do.
                      To confirm open your bonnet you should see a chunk of wrapped up cable coming from the cabin

Comment

Just to follow up with more detail, you can see my after-market stereo power lead passing through the grommet (engine-side) in scene five in this tour:
                        https://poly.google.com/u/0/view/7qtfbV0yzVo

Comment

why not just splice into the switched positive on the rear passanger ciggy socket, and run the wire to wherever you want?

Comment

A car audio amplifier can be a relatively high power item.
                            If you run it off the auxiliary power adapter which is fused at, say, 5A you're only going to be able to draw 5A x 14v = 70W. And that's with nothing else plugged into that adaptor.
                            If you replace the fuse with a larger one you may heat up the wire or even cause a vehicle fire.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
                              why not just splice into the switched positive on the rear passanger ciggy socket, and run the wire to wherever you want?
                              As mentioned external amps are high power devices which require large amounts of power to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X