tyre pressure sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre pressure sensors

on my way home today i got message saying there is problem with a tyre pressure, when i selected the tyre pressure screen it showed no pressure in drivers side rear when I slowed down to around 75mph it then showed similar pressure to the other 3, I started to wonder how this system works, Is there a battery in each sensor on each wheel?
    Has anyone any other thoughts on what might cause this to read zero when doing high speed?

I believe they have a none serviceable battery but it should last years. One of the rears on my last Insignia would occasionally throw up a message saying no pressure but would correct itself a few minutes later. One reason I heard they sometimes do this is radio interference. When mine did it, it was always on country roads, never in built up areas so no idea if interference was the reason.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
      on my way home today i got message saying there is problem with a tyre pressure, when i selected the tyre pressure screen it showed no pressure in drivers side rear when I slowed down to around 75mph it then showed similar pressure to the other 3, I started to wonder how this system works, Is there a battery in each sensor on each wheel?
      Has anyone any other thoughts on what might cause this to read zero when doing high speed?
      You probably exceeded a speed at which the wheels centrifugal force exceeded the earths gravitational force thus the error. Keep it below 75 and it'll be ok.

Comment

never had this issue before while driving on German autobahns

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
          You probably exceeded a speed at which the wheels centrifugal force exceeded the earths gravitational force thus the error. Keep it below 75 and it'll be ok.
          must admit it happend at a speed not done by myself in this car (85mph) strange that only one sensor was detecting ) pressure.

Comment

There is a built-in battery to each tp sensor, the battery isn't replaceable.
            The front wheels should be the same air pressure, and both rears should be same as each other. The pressure/temperature might cause an error to a sensor not being able to read correctly at a guess

Comment

well having checked with my own gauge they were all within 1 bar of each other cold but at higher side of the proscribed rainge so lowered to mid point as there is little chance of a full load with four adults, softer ride is preferred over the ECO "high pressure" setting, will see how it goes on doing same trip this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                well having checked with my own gauge they were all within 1 bar of each other cold but at higher side of the proscribed rainge so lowered to mid point as there is little chance of a full load with four adults, softer ride is preferred over the ECO "high pressure" setting, will see how it goes on doing same trip this weekend.
                within 1 bar or 1 psi? 1 bar is 14.5psi
                should be within 1 psi

Comment

Thanks should read 1 psi

Comment

Working...
                  X