No announcement yet.

Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sriray: Update. Please edit first post if you want https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...489#post276489

Comment

• crunch81 Have you notice the android unit drains alot battery power, and still drains it even with car off.
      To use the unit you have keep engine running.

Comment

• Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

No, not with me. To make the tutorial vids sometimes I’m logged in to the unit for 1,5 hours straight with car off. Maybe you played a lot with the unit and driving small distances? or not?

Comment

• Btw I do have often a low battery, so low the cruise is not kicking in no more. When I drive like 40 miles, the alternator is still at 15.1-15.3 V which means it’s not even close to full. And then it takes shorter everytime that the battery will be drained again

Comment

• My battery is still original and the battery can drain easily with this unit.

Comment

• When did this problem start? From the beginning since you had the unit placed?

Comment

• Yeah just about. I can't use unit more than 15mins with car off let's say and also my cruise control not been working for a while.

Comment

• Did you try to drive a really long time to charge battery? I would recommend doing battery test. Sounds like a dead battery or one which have to charge a lot of miles before it is full. But if you already drove a long distance then that is not the problem.

Comment

• Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

sriray: if you put the marked process in the icebox then the door diagram and rpm en speed will no longer be loaded. The system can use it for other resources and also, when I switch I see sometimes the door diagram for a few seconds and this resolves it.

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                      Did you try to drive a really long time to charge battery? I would recommend doing battery test. Sounds like a dead battery or one which have to charge a lot of miles before it is full. But if you already drove a long distance then that is not the problem.
                      Battery needs changing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyS1982 View Post
                        Thinking of getting this;

Look what I found on AliExpress

Would you rather have a standard replacement android headunit or do you prefer the Tesla after you have tried it?
                        I have had a response from this seller, they don't believe the unit works with cars that has factory navigation system.

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
                          I have had a response from this seller, they don't believe the unit works with cars that has factory navigation system.
                          Yeah he was unsure. Went with this. He said it would.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyS1982 View Post
                            Yeah he was unsure. Went with this. He said it would.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...842731165.html
                            I think you need to rearrange some wiring to make it work.

Comment

• How would you guys rate the sound quality compared with the factory systems?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                                How would you guys rate the sound quality compared with the factory systems?
                                The amplifier is excellent compared to the factory setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X