Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DannyS1982 View Post
    Yeah he was unsure. Went with this. He said it would.

Look what I found on AliExpress
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...842731165.html
    Only thing I don't like about that one is got buttons on the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyS1982 View Post
      Yeah he was unsure. Went with this. He said it would.

Look what I found on AliExpress
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...842731165.html
      Nice one! Only very expensive with 50€ delivery and like 75€ extra vat.

But great unit!

Comment

• Are you going for the 9.7 or 10.4?

Comment

• I've been looking at this
          Is it worth it are they fixing the errors

I have cd400 need a sat nav would prefer this one but is there any other options available?

Comment

• Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
            I've been looking at this
            Is it worth it are they fixing the errors

I have cd400 need a sat nav would prefer this one but is there any other options available?
            They are fixing their own errors and adding their own new features. Atm I don't think they are listening to user feedback.
            I'm reporting bugs to them all the time but they seem to be ignoring the issues or say you do this and it will work, which I tried before contacting them.
            Communication wise is pants as well. crunch81 do you agree?

If you want a stable unit get one of those 7/8" units which are faster and running newer android version as well as better interface.

Reason why we have this unit is not that is a big screen is that it is compatible with cars fitted with factory navigation. This is the 1 of 2 models that is currently compatible and this one is reasonably priced.

Comment

• crunch81 how do you get Candice to send you fw updates so easily.
              She say there is none available for me and when one becomes available she will send it, yet one you have is newer than what is installed on mine originally. She is doing my head in and the engineer too. Feel like just selling the unit.
              Last edited by sriray; 06-03-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
                crunch81 how do you get Candice to send you fw updates so easily.
                She say there is none available for me and when one becomes available she will send it, yet one you have is newer than what is installed on mine originally. She is doing my head in and the engineer too. Feel like just selling the unit.
                Remove the “easily” part . But at the point we are now, we came so far and you are seriously thinking of selling?

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                  Remove the “easily” part . But at the point we are now, we came so far and you are seriously thinking of selling?
                  Ar ok. You having better luck than me. I received nothing from her so far. All I get is no software available. So I have to send her evidence one is available.
                  This doesn't give you confidence and their after sales service is poor.
                  Is just when they don't improve the sw and is unstable you tried to tell them the issue and they don't seem to understand why you are telling them and also you tried to get them to fix errors you found but they not listening.

Regards to the January update you sent me, is stupid the reboot function don't work where it did before.

Comment

Ar ok. You having better luck than me. I received nothing from her so far. All I get is no software available. So I have to send her evidence one is available.
                    Is just when they don't improve the sw and is unstable you tried to tell them the issue and they don't seem to understand why you are telling them and also you tried to get them to fix errors you found but they not listening.

Regards to the January update you sent me, is stupid the reboot function don't work where it did before.

If your thinking of selling sriray I'll consider buying it

Comment

• I'm not even sure if this is compatible with non nav cars since we can't install ones from non nav cars. I don't know what the difference is between them. Thought essential wiring be the same.

Comment

• So what options do I have ? What will work ?

Comment

But if you consider the possibility of getting no SW update at all anymore, then there will be no problem. You have to ask yourself with all the tweaks and how it is working now with all the changes, is it the worth it... I think you gonna miss it

Comment

• Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
                            So what options do I have ? What will work ?
                            You have a lot of options because you have a non navi siggie. For example this one:

Comment

• Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
                              So what options do I have ? What will work ?
                              There are tons to choose from both aliexpress and ebay. Create a new thread for recommendations or do a search using the search options, few of our members had sinosmart but there are alot more out there now.

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                                You have a lot of options because you have a non navi siggie. For example this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3270...709466568.html
                                Is it possible for 2 screens one more for music tv videos that has good sound quality processors
                                The other a sat nav with reverse cam and gadgets
                                Connect 2 tv do faceplates
                                In this video, we have taken a Vauxhall Insignia (2008-2015) and installed our CTKVX02 kit, which comes with brackets, steering wheel loom and antenna adapte...

Comment

Working...
                                X