Start - stop new battery not functioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start - stop new battery not functioning

So I got my old battery replaced today in a battery center for a Varta AGM. I was hoping that the start-stop would begin functioning but so far nothing. The guy connected a reset tool under the steering wheel, all was fine... What can be the cause of not functioning ? No airco on, motor on right temperature, no rear window defrost on etc...
    Insignia 2012 1.4 Turbo 140HP.
    Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Your new battery won’t be fully charged yet, take it for a decent run then it should be fine

Comment

I'll give it a try, cheers. Maybe too cold outside as well, 1 degree @ the moment in Antwerp...
      Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Comment

I've lost confidence in my start stop. My car had a replacement excise battery back in March. As previous to this it would only work on long journeys. Such as a 37 mile motorway commute. Even after the replacement it wasn't much better. Still requiring the commute to work as it should.

Comment

did you get a big battery? mine works flawlessly, pull up to a halt handbrake on into neutral foot off clutch...engine stops. The handbook says the car has to meet certain requirements but mine works regardless of aircon been on or off and radio aswell, it will kick back on if ot thinks its not going to have enough power to start back up. My car has sat for 2 days i know if i went out to it now the start/stop would work 1st time. Give your new battery a run and go from there

Comment

Big battery ? I got the Varta G14 https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-...gm/595-901-085
            Went for a spin allready today but no success. I read somewhere that outside temp can be too low for start-stop functioning (a required parameter)?

Comment

Originally posted by Denis View Post
              Big battery ? I got the Varta G14 https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-...gm/595-901-085
              Went for a spin allready today but no success. I read somewhere that outside temp can be too low for start-stop functioning (a required parameter)?
              Works at - 1.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever work. It didn't work when I bought the car 2 years ago (second hand) and for the moment with the new battery neither (not yet driven for a long run)... It seems to me that the system works all the time for some Insignias and not at all or sometimes on others, the system isn't 100% accurate for every Insignia (parameter problem on the BC?), strange ...

Comment

Hello I know , it's a different make ( Citroen ) but the S/S on my lease van stopped working about 6 months back , I stop at lights ETC , and the green oooogamflip light comes on , and flashes but the van don't turn its self off
                  I'm begging to wonder tgat with all the electrics ( fan , lights , radio ) that the van knows that if it did stop it woukd not re-start so I think it works on parameters of some strange thing .
                  Anyway I'm waffling so I'll stop !

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I think every car is different, but all tied into the battery. It has to be over 85% charged and healthy. My ss works with heated seats, air con, lights, fan, radio all switched on. But if I don't do much mileage for a few days then it will stop working even with nothing on. Some say it will only work so many times an hour, but mine works every time you disengage gear and clutch, don't even need brake on.

Keep trying, sure it will work

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Is yours an ecoflex, you do have the eco button on the dash?

Comment

chili the famous eco button, yes it's on my dash. Tried it few times, only changes the petrol consuming average on the bc😂

Comment

My insignia being Automatic does NOT have it but if it did i would be looking for ways to force it off every time i went out without having to press the button, its on the mrs's car and i hate it
                          I'm old school where to my mind its putting unneeded stress on battery, starter motor, flywheel starter ring ect also when sat at traffic lights I worry that it will one day refuse to start and for the few seconds its stopped its might use table spoon of diesel (I might be yorkshireman known as watching every penny but i'm not that tight). When you get it sorted let us know I might need to force your fault on one of my cars at some point.

Comment

ilunn I know what u mean, for me personally it's rather having something functioning after having paid for. The option to manually put it off will be used then (if it ever starts working). Just went out for an hours drive (in and out the city) but still nothing, for the moment could and snowrain...
                            Have a nice one !

Comment

There are many circumstances needed to be in place to stop the engine using start/stop function.

It's not only the battery. Even if the battery works fine and it's fully charged start/stop may not work until all of the scenarios will be applied.

Comment

Working...
                              X