No announcement yet.

Oil Pick up Seal, Evolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I'm aware all diesel Siggy preface and very early facelifts.

Comment

my car has 28000 miles on it but its 7yrs old should i be worried its had oil change every year of its life (good oil)

Comment

I would. As it's only a rubber and it losing it's specification after some time so I would say replace at around 80-90k or every 4-5 years whichever comes first. Of course I heard about cars running 100-130k without replacing it but for me it's a bit to much, so I'll be changing it like I said before. But that's me.

Comment

The first signs of it due for replacement, is warning at cold startup. Get this done asap

Comment

If it happens whilst driving pull over safely and call recovery tow home or your local trusty garage.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              The first signs of it due for replacement, is warning at cold startup. Get this done asap
              I wouldn't wait that long. Very often it's already too late when warning comes up

Comment

I changed my oil pickup seal at 189,000 miles ,and the car is still going at 224,456 miles today .Just done regular oil changes over the years .

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
                  I changed my oil pickup seal at 189,000 miles ,and the car is still going at 224,456 miles today .Just done regular oil changes over the years .
                  I change my oil every 6 months, if that's the result, I shall carry on.
                  Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

It's your choice.

You know what might happen you know that some can run 186k without changing it, but noone can tell you in what conditions is your oil pump pick up seal.
                    You have to decide what to do and if it's worth doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                      It's your choice.

You know what might happen you know that some can run 186k without changing it, but noone can tell you in what conditions is your oil pump pick up seal.
                      You have to decide what to do and if it's worth doing it.
                      I was referring to my oil change routine. As I said, Get summer over, I will change the seal. With holidays booked and such, that will be early November. Hopefully it will last.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                        Well, it happens more often on pre face lift vehicles, however seal it's self is made from rubber and it's the same one for pre face lift vehicles as face lift ones so I would recommend to replace it on both at around every 80k if you want to be safer a bit. I'm having MY14 2013 and I have replaced mine at around 80k.
                        The B20DTH diesels are of a completely different design at the suction pipe/oil pump. Cant imagine facelift models are affected as the parts are different.

Comment

Does A16LET has this problem also or not?

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                            Does A16LET has this problem also or not?
                            Only the preface siggy diesel. We have the crappy P4 and M32 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                              The B20DTH diesels are of a completely different design at the suction pipe/oil pump. Cant imagine facelift models are affected as the parts are different.
                              I've the MY13 Elite facelift which has the A20DTH engine. Should think the seal would be the same.
                              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

If its the A20DTH then its the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X