Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    I think it was crunch,hes in Holland
    Yes, that's him. He changed car though, so not sure if he even bothers coming on here, although he has some threads about when he was trying to sort it out.

Comment

• I see he's been online today, so does still pop in sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howy View Post
        Yeh,did he have a faulty new one of the pair,or was that a member from Ireland?
        Not sure
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ow-new-Problem!!
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Guest, didn't you change your flexride shocks as well? @exclusiv has a few questions

Comment

• just checked emails,322 from autovaux
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

just checked emails,322 from autovaux
                Well, that sounds about right. What do you think, feasable?

Comment

• Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                  Well, that sounds about right. What do you think, feasable?
                  aye,but still painfull,,roof spoiler coming tomorrow,needs painting. 2 tyres on Saturday,,,,anyone got a balaclava,and a sawn off I can borrow

Comment

aye,but still painfull,,roof spoiler coming tomorrow,needs painting. 2 tyres on Saturday,,,,anyone got a balaclava,and a sawn off I can borrow
                    Unfortunately I don't have a sawn off for you to use Out of interest, did you have a part number or did they look it up on their reg database?

Comment

• Won't need them mate.....just start coughing!
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                        Unfortunately I don't have a sawn off for you to use Out of interest, did you have a part number or did they look it up on their reg database?
                        Just did it off reg data base probs

Comment

• Thanks to tens6 for tipping me of to this.
                          The shocks are not programmed to the car and are a straight and simple swap, one lower bolt and 2 on the upper mount.
                          The upper mount on the existing shock will be welded to the shock piston. Vauxhall/Opel now sell the shock and upper mount as a complete unit as the two cannot be seperated due to corrision. The problem is they do not tell you this nor are the dealers aware of this, so if you go to buy a new shock just order the shock and no upper mount. (in my case, as I'd ordered the shock and the mount, the dealer had to take the hit with the mount as they did not indicate to the dealer that the mount was included.)
                          I changed mine as the nearside shock had bad corrosion on the upper part of the piston which was damaging the seal. Like yours it had not failed at that time. I'd say this is the case with yours, particularily with a hitch the shock would be compressed more. Give me a few mins and Ill check what I paid from main dealer. I changed both as its 'recommended' both should be cahnged as a pair. I do big miles so i did. I have the old shocks in the garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by buttons View Post
                            Thanks to tens6 for tipping me of to this.
                            The shocks are not programmed to the car and are a straight and simple swap, one lower bolt and 2 on the upper mount.
                            The upper mount on the existing shock will be welded to the shock piston. Vauxhall/Opel now sell the shock and upper mount as a complete unit as the two cannot be seperated due to corrision. The problem is they do not tell you this nor are the dealers aware of this, so if you go to buy a new shock just order the shock and no upper mount. (in my case, as I'd ordered the shock and the mount, the dealer had to take the hit with the mount as they did not indicate to the dealer that the mount was included.)
                            I changed mine as the nearside shock had bad corrosion on the upper part of the piston which was damaging the seal. Like yours it had not failed at that time. I'd say this is the case with yours, particularily with a hitch the shock would be compressed more. Give me a few mins and Ill check what I paid from main dealer. I changed both as its 'recommended' both should be cahnged as a pair. I do big miles so i did. I have the old shocks in the garage.
                            So nice when someone had already done a job that's so obscure, really helps

Comment

• Originally posted by buttons View Post
                              Thanks to tens6 for tipping me of to this.
                              thanks mate,,bit less of a headache,with them been plug and play,and I think the price from autovaux wont be beaten

Comment

• For my 2012 Biturbo Estate the rear shocks from the main dealer had the part numbers: 22834094 right, 22834093 left. I know the upper mounts along with the shocks are vehicle specific, i.e. different on tourer/saloon/hatch. I paid €437.88 for each. €875.76 total. That in todays money is £399 each. If you can get a new shock for £322 Id go for it. On mine the offside was perfect with no corrosion, so before you buy check out the condition of both so you know why one is failing in case the other is soon to follow. The flexride system will still work (to an extent) with a failed shock as the system does not recognise mechanical failure of the shock. The bumb stop and shield had also failed on mine, but these are included with a new shock too.

Comment

Working...
                                X