Self levelling or flexride? £500 shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self levelling or flexride? £500 shocks

I have a 2011 insignia estate, exclusive 2.0 cdti. It needs a new rear shock absorber which is going to cost more than £500...! This is a pretty standard car, that definitely doesn’t have clever (flexride) suspension. It does however have a tow bar. If this was a factory fit, does this also include updated rear suspension, self levelling perhaps? Could I bin the tow bar and put standard rear shocks on? The standard shocks are about £100. Any advice appreciated. This is not a valuable car, which could have a short life if the are no alternatives out there....

Ummmmmmm as my wife says when the plumber comes round " that's a hard one sir " then she jumps him .
    Being an exclusive then it don't have flexiride
    So you can ditch self levellers
    Change in pairs and don't skimp by replacing one .
    Also whilst you are here poop along to the new members section and introduce yourself whichh is always nice .
    Tell us about yourself
    Your car
    And if you feel brave , about yourself
    ME ?
    I love dressing up in a purple velvet house coat
    A floppy hat with a feather in it
    Bottle green trousers
    Pixie boots
    And a gimp mask
    And gyrate round the local lamp post swinging my handbag
    Shouting " anybody seen my camel.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
      I have a 2011 insignia estate, exclusive 2.0 cdti. It needs a new rear shock absorber which is going to cost more than £500...! This is a pretty standard car, that definitely doesn’t have clever (flexride) suspension. It does however have a tow bar. If this was a factory fit, does this also include updated rear suspension, self levelling perhaps? Could I bin the tow bar and put standard rear shocks on? The standard shocks are about £100. Any advice appreciated. This is not a valuable car, which could have a short life if the are no alternatives out there....
      Pop along here:
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I had the same problem getting the self levelling ones but got them through auto Vaux at £750 for the pair with the brackets and covers to fit them. Only went down this route as I wanted to keep it original.

I did have to wait 2 weeks as these were direct order from Germany and if I remember right there were only a handful left when I ordered them 6 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
          I had the same problem getting the self levelling ones but got them through auto Vaux at £750 for the pair with the brackets and covers to fit them. Only went down this route as I wanted to keep it original.

I did have to wait 2 weeks as these were direct order from Germany and if I remember right there were only a handful left when I ordered them 6 months ago
          Just as,or if not more,than flexride shocks
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
          X