Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robjahern View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here!

Thanks for all the great info, it's really great to see sound advice on here as there is a lot of crap info out there that's confusing.

I have just bought a 2014 facelifted insignia and would love to upgrade to Xenons.

The install instructions and results look on point. I'm just wondering how close the HID bulbs are to the inside of the projector lens? Are the Xenon bulbs a lot bigger than the stock halogens and will the slowly burn the lens over time?

It'd hard to see how close the are from the lens but some have had them in 3 years without any burn issues.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

35w hid produces less heat than a 55w halogen bulb, the problem is UV, a 35w hid will be ok, 55w should be ok but the bulbs will fail quicker
      decent hid bulbs will be the correct length, cheap bulbs will be rebased d2s bulbs which can cause issues

Comment

Thanks marko301 & Mo_miah!

I guess the only thing left to decide on now is whether to go for the Xenon or LED option...

I'm leaning more to the Xenon because I've seen some examples where the beam pattern from LED's isn't great/not uniform

Comment

Hi Mo_miah. Is there a specific model name for correct hid bulbs? Are they not also d2s bulbs?

Comment

the facelift insignia uses 9012 HiR2 bulbs
            im sure someone will recommend some reputable bulbs
            in my opinion hids provide a better light output and distribution but leds are instant on
            as with all things you get what you pay for

Comment

Thanks Mo_miah!

Comment

Finally got these fitted, took a bit of jiggery pokery to get them inside the headlight housing and get the cap on after them but I'm well impressed with the result! Have 5000k bulbs, the beam pattern is the same as the halogens and the beam up the road on fulls is immense! Will never go back to halogens again.
                Thanks for this install guide!

Comment

To echo the above; ordered from HIDs Direct, 5k 35w for £52 delivered and came with the correct 9012 bulbs (I mentioned this when I ordered).

So easy to fit, took like 10 minutes a side, very slim ballast and right side is slightly harder than the left, key is to remove the washer inlet bottle as detailed and the fuse box cover which just gives you some additional room to manoeuvre. There's no good way to describe how to get the ballast into the headlight, it just sort of goes in our it doesn't. Hacked off the rubber grommit and additional cables which weren't needed for this set up, light output is immense when compared to halogen.

Thanks again all for the help and advice, feel like I've made the right choice.

Comment

I've connected mine but get no light output. Any ideas. Can't upload pics on my phone

Comment

Originally posted by performance View Post
                      I've connected mine but get no light output. Any ideas. Can't upload pics on my phone
                      Switch the terminals over in the holder
                      C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

The terminals on the blue and red wires can only go in one way https://ibb.co/dykAaR
                        Yes, I also see I don't actually need that extension with the blue and black braided wires

Comment

Originally posted by performance View Post
                          The terminals on the blue and red wires can only go in one way https://ibb.co/dykAaR
                          Yes, I also see I don't actually need that extension with the blue and black braided wires
                          The clip that goes into your original existing holder swap that around. I believe it should be the one I've circled in red
                          C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Just got a kit from Hid 35w, asked for 6000 but box says 8k and they look blue. Don't know if wrongly packed still waiting for them to get back to me. The Cambus seems really big and no way fitting in headlight.

Comment

Hi mate,
                              I bought the same kit as Rogue-Joker-4885
                              but I get no light output from the hid bulb
                              Plug the stock bulbs back in and works fine.
                              Am I missing something ?
                              TIA
                              2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI EcoFlex Atomic alloys Intellink navi 900

Comment

Check the pins inside the plugs are in the right place; the set I bought needed adjusting with a pair of needle-nose pliers to ensure they married up and connected neatly when the plugs were pushed together.

Comment

Working...
                                X