USB and SD card slots in Navi 900 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB and SD card slots in Navi 900 not working

New owner of a Navi 900 system. (Intellilink RF900 Navi)

In the centre cubby there are two USB ports and an SD Card slot, and I want to use these to play music.

I've tried plugging several USB sticks (FAT32 and other file systems) with a selection of different MP3 files on them into both of ports but I get no access to them on the touchscreen.
    When I press the "Media" button there is no error, and it is as if there is nothing plugged into the USB port at all.

When I plug the USB stick in, the LED on the USB stick illuminates to indicate that it is receiving power, but the LED does not flash, which indicates that it is not being accessed.
    When I plug the same USB stick into a computer the LED flashes while it is being accessed.

Same issue with the SD card slot, except SD cards don't have LEDs. I've tried several SD cards, MP3s on FAT32 and other file systems.

Questions:
    • Anyone seen this fault before?
    • Should the SD card slot work for storing music, or is it only for maps? (There's no SD card in currently but I do have maps available.)
    • I bought the car on Sunday and noticed this issue immediately upon getting home. I notified them the same day in writing. I didn't buy their "addon" warranty but did make the first £100 of the car purchases on credit card. What recourse do I have with the dealer in terms of consumer rights to get a private dealer to fix this?

This shows the USB going in but not flashing at all:

Comment

Have you tried a portable hard drive?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Not yet, no.

Comment

What software are you using to put the mp3's on, Mediaplayer? Format the USB again and it must be Fat32. Use Mediaplayer and drag n drop the music onto the stick. When you plug thestick in it may take some time for the info to be read on the stick
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I've been using Windows Explorer (Win10) and Nautilus (Ubuntu) to copy the files to the USB disk so far. I'll give Windows Media Player a go to rule that out.
            I've left the USB stick in the car for a whole day including overnight and it's never appeared in the system. From the lack of flashing on the LED I think it's probably not even accessing it.

Is the SD card also supposed to work for music?

Comment

Another thing to try is to disconnect the car battery for 15 mins to see if it resets any electrical gremlins. This normally resolves minor electrical issues. Not sure about the SD card for music but I would assume this should work. I have both a USB stick and 200gb portable hard drive plugged into my 2 USB ports and have no issues accessing music on eithergb

Comment

I use windows media 10 and my usb works fine in mine

Comment

Would be good to know if the LEDs on your USB sticks are constantly lit, or if they flash?

Comment

Originally posted by asktoby View Post
                    Would be good to know if the LEDs on your USB sticks are constantly lit, or if they flash?
                    My stick flashes

Comment

and mine

Comment

If you can't get this working, a dealer has to offer a minimum 3 months warranty so regardless of paying in part by credit card, he should be held responsible for getting it working or refunding you an agreed amount for you to get it fixed elswhere.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

This shows the USB going in but not flashing at all:
                          Maybe a fuse. Try fuse 6 I think. Not sure about SD card but the USB connection is here. It's the green plug on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                            Maybe a fuse. Try fuse 6 I think.
                            Checked fuse 6, all fine.

Also cut the main battery for 15 minutes, no joy.

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                            Not sure about SD card but the USB connection is here. It's the green plug on the left.
                            Not sure what you're showing with that photo. Where on the car is that?

Comment

Checked fuse 6, all fine.

Also cut the main battery for 15 minutes, no joy.

Not sure what you're showing with that photo. Where on the car is that?
                              Check other fuses like 1, 4, 5 and 7 aswell. 7 is for power outlet.

Thats the front of the car just under the gear knob behind the carpet.

Comment

Working...
                              X