navi 600 900 theme change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navi 600 900 theme change!

I have already flashed my navi 600 to a 900 and now I want to change the background theme to the nice red one but am perplexed! which version? says v200 v208, but I have no idea what version I have, i downloaded version to 200 extracted to a usb but nothing happens (not really sure if i did it correctly) isnt it about time someone did an idiots guide on changing themes?

I don't know why the russians use the v200 version, but i personally use the v208 version. You can just have the v208 files and copy image0.uli + to the v208 version of the folder.
    Have you placed the dnl folder to the root of your fat32 formatted memory stick

Comment

I have sorted it, when I unzipped files onto usb it created a new folder in name of original file, so took dnl file out and put that on usb and deleted the new folder, simple school boy error on my behalf. Looks great,

Which one do you use? And are there an extra bits on a v208?

Comment

Originally posted by veralum View Post
        I have sorted it, when I unzipped files onto usb it created a new folder in name of original file, so took dnl file out and put that on usb and deleted the new folder, simple school boy error on my behalf. Looks great,

Which one do you use? And are there an extra bits on a v208?
        Ah good good.

ExInfinity modified from the Infinity theme

Engine1992 Red & Blue theme

Full Carbon Theme

All mine are running on v208 and no extra things on the v208 prob just more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Ah good good.

ExInfinity modified from the Infinity theme

Engine1992 Red & Blue theme

Full Carbon Theme

All mine are running on v208 and no extra things on the v208 prob just more stable.
          cheers for that!

Comment

sriray: could u help me out plz? I've got a preface 2012 with Navi 900 (sd card maps). If I want to change the theme, I choose one of the above options and put the .dnl file extracted onto usb. Plug it in and let the system update? I should have the v208 after installation ( now running v176)? Which theme do u prefer (I'd like to do a 1time installation ) No dangers attached? can't figure it out anymore after reading lots of comments, some versions require to pre-update the navi 900 to 3d maps and then update the theme, others crashed the radio-unit with the carbon theme? Sounds scary... so I'd rather be a bit sure before proceeding
            Insignia 2012 1.4 Turbo 140HP.
            Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Comment

Originally posted by Denis View Post
              @sriray: could u help me out plz? I've got a preface 2012 with Navi 900 (sd card maps). If I want to change the theme, I choose one of the above options and put the .dnl file extracted onto usb. Plug it in and let the system update? I should have the v208 after installation ( now running v176)? Which theme do u prefer (I'd like to do a 1time installation ) No dangers attached? can't figure it out anymore after reading lots of comments, some versions require to pre-update the navi 900 to 3d maps and then update the theme, others crashed the radio-unit with the carbon theme? Sounds scary... so I'd rather be a bit sure before proceeding
              The purpose of the upgrade is allow Navi 600 unit to run 3D map view by upgrading their navi to the Navi 900 fw, and also update to custom themes. As yours is already a Navi 900 then you can simply apply a theme to it. Thats right just put the dnl folder on to the root of the memory stick that's formatted to FAT32. But as this is not a official upgrade there is always a risk of bricking the unit, so all updates are carried out at owners risk.
              Remove the memory stick if one is connected.
              Turn on the navi, insert the upgrade memory stick and follow the prompts, fingers cross it should complete successfully and restarts the navi.
              After it has restarted it may stay on for 1 minute then turns off, you then would turn it back on again and should work like normal.

I recommend you burn this ISO to CD using an image burner software like imgburn and burn at the lowest speed possible and use good branded disc not cheap supermarket brand ones. The CD is a recovery disc incase anything goes wrong and it kicks the navi on to bootloader screen (Black screen, white text).

Those 3 links above are my best themes all have decent Day and night mode.
              They are all good, but could possibly recommend ExInfinity as the first trial.

Comment

Thx for the tutorial, cheers for that ! Other question, these versions do upgrade the navi to v208 ? No problems afterwards with my 2017 sd maps then? Read somewhere that one could not read sd after upgrading?
                Insignia 2012 1.4 Turbo 140HP.
                Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Comment

Hello ! Can somebody explain how to update from v181 to v200 or v208 ?
                  I updated navi 600 to navi 900 but still is v181 .
                  I want to change theme and I did not find theme for v181.
                  I saw that everywhere exist themes for v200 and v208 .Looks I need to update v181 to higher .
                  Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hy Friends,
                    I Like Change theme in my insignia sports tour 2019, my radio is intellink 2019,
                    but I don't know how to install the themes that you provide, can you help me?
                    thanks

Comment

If you message plasma , he may be able to help you

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X